BC's Aeneas DiCosmo

paladin4ever

1 hour ago, GardenStateBaller said:

5 of Top 6 recruits in NJ are from privates. Tyler Friday is ranked #1 in state by Rivals. 

I know that but hearing Shorter will get his 5th star and be a top 25 recruit to start season probably vaulting him to #1..

edit it just noticed Shorter is ranked #7 nationally overall and #1 wr in his class by 247 sports..

2 hours ago, DeusVult11 said:

and now John High the sophomore heavyweight fball/wrestler is going to BC 

yeah the weakness on the BC wrestling team was 195 thru hwt..Dave Bell tends to plug his holes rather quickly..not surprised he has gone out and recruited a couple of heavyweight wrestlers..wonder what roll Toal going to BC played?? probably made his decision somewhat easier

21 hours ago, GardenStateBaller said:

5 of Top 6 recruits in NJ are from privates. Tyler Friday is ranked #1 in state by Rivals. 

Saw Shorter as a sophomore and he is very legit, taking a screen against Middletown South and going all the way with it.  It was one of those "who is that guy?" moments.  Better than any Catholic WR - the closest may be Hickman.  Don't know if he's the best in New Jersey, but he is up there.  

• Like 1

As for BC, the line is always the big question these days and hopefully Fred can make an impact.  Felter will be a year older, but Alfano is on a short leash.  Lets hope a couple of others improve.  McKenzie has to stay healthy and his track record the last two years on that front has not been encouraging.  Langan is good, but a receiver or two will need to step up.  I think the D will be fine: DiCosmo, Jean-Baptiste, McDermott, and possibly Snead will be good.

On 7/10/2017 at 10:45 AM, Kingwill said:

Crazy part the best player in NJ and maybe the best wr in the country is from a nj pub and not BNU.. Justin Shorter is a stud 6"4 220 and runs a 4.3-4.4

Not crazy, the publics have some very good individuals, it's just the teams rarely have enough of them to compete with the Catholics.  Schools like Piscataway, South Brunswick, and Timber Creek have some excellent players.  Then you have an Eli Apple and Logan Ryan from Eastern, Pisarcik of Shawnee at Oregon, Njoku of Cedar Grove, and Anthony fasano of Verona off the top of my mind.   

2 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

What changes on D were made to prevent a team like DBP (Earlington, Friday, Grayson, etc.) from getting 10+ sacks again in 2017? 

I guess you mean the O.  That is the biggest question BC has.  Hopefully, Fred has an answer or two.  Felter will be a year older and the wildcard is Alfano, who did not play O against Bosco.  If one or two can step up on the line, it can be better and Fred is a very good line coach.  

• Like 2

1 minute ago, GardenStateBaller said:

How the OL plays in the first three games will set the tone for the season IMO. 

i agree..the OL and to a lesser degree the secondary will be the question marks. I believe they return 3 on the OL so there will be some experience and they have the size. Is that a fact they are using Alfano on the OL??

Just now, GardenStateBaller said:

ANY BC interior player going both ways with that schedule won't last half the season. 

yeah exactly..that's why i question that assumption..I don't think he plays OL..Felter,Zaakir Faith Jr. and Sean Twomey are the ones returning with experience if i'm not mistaken..What is known about Marquis Morris?? he is listed on the roster as 6'4" 310 pound NT/G/C

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, PJR said:

Saw Shorter as a sophomore and he is very legit, taking a screen against Middletown South and going all the way with it.  It was one of those "who is that guy?" moments.  Better than any Catholic WR - the closest may be Hickman.  Don't know if he's the best in New Jersey, but he is up there.  

Porter is rated as top wr in country now by couple publications. 

2 hours ago, Mickeybern said:

Marquis Morris?

Just watched his hudl video..... he was definitely moving bodies around last year. Really physical if he Can get off the ball faster he will be a really good player. Could be elite  as a jr-SR. 

What also stood out in his hudl video was some of the ball carriers for bc freshmen last year. #32 and #44 both have great cutting ability and make you miss as well as top end speed running past dbs for tds.  #2 is really good too .... 

what was bc frosh record last year ? 

3 minutes ago, Mjd33 said:

Just watched his hudl video..... he was definitely moving bodies around last year. Really physical if he Can get off the ball faster he will be a really good player. Could be elite  as a jr-SR. 

What also stood out in his hudl video was some of the ball carriers for bc freshmen last year. #32 and #44 both have great cutting ability and make you miss as well as top end speed running past dbs for tds.  #2 is really good too .... 

what was bc frosh record last year ? 

they lost their last game to Bosco that was the only loss of the year..but that Hudl was from 2 years ago  he will be a junior this year

3 minutes ago, Mickeybern said:

they lost their last game to Bosco that was the only loss of the year..but that Hudl was from 2 years ago  he will be a junior this year

Oh ok thanks. 

So who were the players 44,32, and 2? 

One of them rahmir Johnson I'm assuming ?