Cal Preps Top 25 teams per league

Sammyswordsman

Guest LOSer
4 minutes ago, Sammyswordsman said:

BUT.... Calif has figured out how to peel off approx. 17 of the State Top 30 and usually the entire top 10, and put them in a single bracket for the "Open" State Championship

Given the nature of their "playoff" structure, California hasn't figured anything out.

42 minutes ago, LOSer said:

Given the nature of their "playoff" structure, California hasn't figured anything out.

We like it very much.  But then again if Fla. changed then STA would not be able to play the #1074 team in the semis and the #218 team in the finals to get their "ring" 

4 minutes ago, The Stache said:

We like it very much.  But then again if Fka changed then STA would not be able to play the #1074 team in the semis and the #218 team in the finals to get their "ring" 

Actually in 2015 STA got their ring by playing #250 in the semis and #400 in the finals.  So it was a bit more compelling of a tournament than previous titles

1 hour ago, The Stache said:

That game is the single thing that has kept me from retiring.  I cannot rest until Revenge is ours.

#RedReckoning2017

I think that blemish can only be erased if MD runs the veer and doesn't pass once if they meet

that would be be epic -- you should totally do that!

otherwise, people will mistakenly credit the raw talent and not your f'ing brilliance

57 minutes ago, LOSer said:

you have blown a ton of credibility over the years by defending FL playoff system

what I used to enjoy was when DJ had his top 100 and there's always be a sentence or two about each team and ALL OF the FL teams were state champs

6 minutes ago, Pops said:

I think that blemish can only be erased if MD runs the veer and doesn't pass once if they meet

that would be be epic -- you should totally do that!

otherwise, people will mistakenly credit the raw talent and not your f'ing brilliance

I have a player who I am hiding until the SBG.  Then when I unleash him, people will say I "Out Ladoceuor'd, DLS"

• Like 1

Guest LOSer
1 hour ago, The Stache said:

But then again if Fla. changed then STA would not be able to play the #1074 team in the semis and the #218 team in the finals to get their "ring" 

Yeah, then they'd have to play like the #19 team (like Bingham) instead and it would be a real crucible (or they'd have a 30-0 lead in the 4th quarter).

(Note: this whole thing is an exercise in hyperbole since the stached one came up with an example that has never happened before)

Guest LOSer
1 hour ago, Sammyswordsman said:

Actually in 2015 STA got their ring by playing #250 in the semis and #400 in the finals.  So it was a bit more compelling of a tournament than previous titles

I know, right.

If they had played (and beaten) the 8A State Champion #31 Flanagan in game 14 instead of game 9 (like they did) then they would have been a much more "vetted" team.

Guest LOSer
1 hour ago, Sammyswordsman said:

In 2013 SJB had to beat #7, #11, #34, #72

In 2013 STA had a playoff run of #5925, #965,  before losing to #80

but calif playoffs haven't "figured anything out".... Okaaaay

If it's not even a playoff then they haven't figured anything out.

STA could play the Dolphins, Buccaneers and Jaguars in the playoffs and the FHSAA wouldn't have figured anything out regarding their playoff structure.

So it seems that claiming that it's really, really hard isn't an answer to my charge.

Guest LOSer
1 hour ago, Pops said:

you have blown a ton of credibility over the years by defending FL playoff system

Two things.

How is a statement about California's playoff somehow a defense of Florida's?

And since when did anyone care what you thought of their credibility? This is like Michael Jackson accusing someone of being a child molester.

Guest LOSer
1 hour ago, Pops said:

Now I will go ahead and state (not defend) the facts about the Florida playoff system.

It's a playoff.

It's based on enrollment.

It's fair and equitable.

It's home/away.

None of which you can say about California's.

You lose credibility (if you ever had any) when you prance around and champion this disgrace and joke of a system. What's more is that everybody knows that it's a disgrace but you think it's great.

42 minutes ago, LOSer said:

(Note: this whole thing is an exercise in hyperbole since the stached one came up with an example that has never happened before)

I'm sure the Stache has more important things to attend to than to get tied down with semantics.....but to his point...

The great Preseason #1 STA squad of 2011 ran this gauntlet prior to losing in the finals

#2856 - win (Quarterfinals)

#539 - Win (Semi finals)

#135 - loss for the State Championship

Very pathetic playoff run. 

Enrollment figures for classification purposes are irrelevant when Private schools like STA recruit their butts off to gain an unfair advantage over the public schools with similar enrollments. 

Guest LOSer
5 minutes ago, Sammyswordsman said:

I'm sure the Stache has more important things to attend to than to get tied down with semantics.....

But he apparently doesn't have better things to do than lie about it or engage in ridiculous hyperbole.

Guest LOSer
2 minutes ago, Sammyswordsman said:

The great Preseason #1 STA squad of 2011 ran this gauntlet prior to losing in the finals

STA was not preseason #1 in 2011 so......yeah.

Guest LOSer
2 minutes ago, Sammyswordsman said:

#2856 - win (Quarterfinals)

#539 - Win (Semi finals)

#135 - loss for the State Championship

Very pathetic playoff run. 

Being that STA wins a lot of championships I wouldn't consider the 3rd Round as having anything to do with a playoff "run" so to speak.

I think that must be the Servite coming out in you.

Guest LOSer
4 minutes ago, Sammyswordsman said:

Enrollment figures for classification purposes are irrelevant when Private schools like STA recruit their butts off to gain an unfair advantage over the public schools with similar enrollments. 

A lot of wild speculation and cockamamie accusations in this sentence.

35 minutes ago, LOSer said:

Now I will go ahead and state (not defend) the facts about the Florida playoff system.

It's a playoff.

It's based on enrollment.

It's fair and equitable.

It's home/away.

None of which you can say about California's.

You lose credibility (if you ever had any) when you prance around and champion this disgrace and joke of a system. What's more is that everybody knows that it's a disgrace but you think it's great.

Even the much maligned 2011 DLS team had a tougher playoff run in Nor cal

LOL.

Sad thing is that this would be the case in most years too. 

But as long as everyone in Fla is content with separating the top teams in the playoffs, so BTW, STA, MC, etc never have to face the other top programs, then I guess the rest of us should be satisfied.

Hope they give STA a participation trophy for getting their collective *ss whipped vs SJB.

Guest LOSer
8 minutes ago, Sammyswordsman said:

But your factual errors notwithstanding....

Again, if only STA had beaten the compilation #2 De La Salle and #5 Prattville in the playoffs instead of the regular season (as they did) I'm sure they would've been a much more "vetted" team.

Guest LOSer
3 minutes ago, Sammyswordsman said:

Even the much maligned 2011 DLS team had a tougher playoff run in Nor cal

LOL.

How is this tougher than STA's? They didn't play a single top 500 team.

What's more is that #737, #1017 and #517 got De La Salle into the Open Bowl Game.

STA winning their first three games merely gets them a date with Manatee in Bradenton.

By changing the subject and defending a non-playoff you are exposing yourself and your argument.

Guest LOSer
14 minutes ago, Sammyswordsman said:

Sad thing is that this would be the case in most years too. 

No it's not.

I know that because you have 5 complete seasons after 2011 and yet you went back that far to begin with.

2011 is the ultimate randomly cherry-picked year.

Guest LOSer
8 minutes ago, Sammyswordsman said:

But as long as everyone in Fla is content with separating the top teams in the playoffs, so BTW, STA, MC, etc never have to face the other top programs, then I guess the rest of us should be satisfied.

Nobody separates the top teams in the playoffs.

At some point you have to stop parroting this Pop-inspired lie.

Guest LOSer
9 minutes ago, Sammyswordsman said:

STA has faced BTW in the last two seasons. Central has played BTW every year since 2011.

So if by never you meant frequently then you're right.