Raul Lara takes over at St. Anthony's in LB

Griff

39 minutes ago, Griff said:

For future reference...only time will tell of course, but this might be one of the biggest hires in Cali within 10 years time.

Yes it looks like St.Anthony wants to step up the program 

“I think this is taking our athletic program and putting some life into it, to help us attract a lot more of our local kids,” said Saints athletic director Chris Morrison. Lara and Morrison have a longstanding relationship that helped lead to this move.

“We have a great relationship, we’ve had a friendship over the years, so that was a factor for sure,” said Morrison.

Lara said he’s excited to help further the Saints’ standing.

“When I went to Warren they were in a bad situation, they had a 32 game losing streak,” said Lara. “Here at St. Anthony, Mario Morales has done a good job. I know they’ve been struggling a little bi getting freshmen in, I’m just hoping that with my past and people recognizing that I’m here, that we’ll get some more community kids to start enrolling over here.”

The article also states they are building a new field as well 

• Like 1

With Lara, they're jumping in full force. It's already buzzing in the youth football circles. Also word is they've got a MAJOR addition in the administration. If other coaching staff rumors come true, this is going to be huge. Long Beach still has the talent, the district is ass backwards, and St. Anthony's is a hop skip and a jump away.

• Like 1

If Long Beach St. Anthony pulled the trigger on this hire quicker after the spring season, they could have been a nice landing spot for the plethora of talent that has dispersed from St. Bernard once Manny Douglas was booted mid season and subsequently under federal investigation. 

Instead, Long Beach Poly, Sierra Canyon, Inglewood, Alemany and Leuzinger have been receiving a boost in talent to their programs. And, there are still more testing the waters with roughly 40 days until kickoff. 

This should be an interesting experiment with Raul Lara at St Anthony. The program really can only go up from here. 

20 hours ago, 1901VeniceCub said:

If Long Beach St. Anthony pulled the trigger on this hire quicker after the spring season, they could have been a nice landing spot for the plethora of talent that has dispersed from St. Bernard once Manny Douglas was booted mid season and subsequently under federal investigation. 

Instead, Long Beach Poly, Sierra Canyon, Inglewood, Alemany and Leuzinger have been receiving a boost in talent to their programs. And, there are still more testing the waters with roughly 40 days until kickoff. 

This should be an interesting experiment with Raul Lara at St Anthony. The program really can only go up from here. 

Cubbies hot on the recruiting trail!! Just poking fun my man, best of luck to the Cubs this fall! 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, HurricaneNick said:

Cubbies hot on the recruiting trail!! Just poking fun my man, best of luck to the Cubs this fall! 

They’ve been building that thing back up with a tremendous amount of talent already returning. 

Loyola Head Coach Drew Casani knows talent, after his legendary career as a Loyola Linebacker, he was a Scout for the 49ers and Rams and later the Director of Recruiting for UCLA under Jim Mora.

Loyola actually had a DE/LB transfer in from Portland La Salle after the spring season. Keenan Tarbet (6’4 210) will be a junior. Previously listed as a top 10 player in Oregon (whatever that means). 

Sondy must have missed that one. 

Should be a fun year in Cubville.

• Like 3