Out of state transfers, non-Covid, non-boarding schools, just for football?

badrouter

It looks like we are entering into an era of kids literally moving several states away to play for preferred high school programs. And I'm not just talking about schools offering housing. Lakeland,  public school not really in a metropolitan area, has at least three kids who moved in from out of state (Two from South Carolina and one from New York) this coming season; they had a LB star on the 2018 state title team that moved from Prattville, AL; and Lloyd Summerall who also starred on that team was in eligibility limbo prior to that season and almost went to play for Bishop Gorman. 

I assume this is happening elsewhere as well. It seems pretty crazy to me. But I guess it's just a sign of the times.

33 minutes ago, badrouter said:

It looks like we are entering into an era of kids literally moving several states away to play for preferred high school programs. And I'm not just talking about schools offering housing. Lakeland,  public school not really in a metropolitan area, has at least three kids who moved in from out of state (Two from South Carolina and one from New York) this coming season; they had a LB star on the 2018 state title team that moved from Prattville, AL; and Lloyd Summerall who also starred on that team was in eligibility limbo prior to that season and almost went to play for Bishop Gorman. 

I assume this is happening elsewhere as well. It seems pretty crazy to me. But I guess it's just a sign of the times.

Seeing it most in FL, TX and TN. 

• Like 1

I know this though is antithetical for many in this group but parents do move for a variety of reasons and sometimes their kids are ballers.  For those players that have  moved, has anyone looked at if there was a job related factor for one or both of the parents?  I'm not ignoring that parents move to better their kids options just saying that all of them may not be related to the kids.  For example, Atlanta is a top destination for people moving from the northeast so some of the publicity over NJ/NY players going south may be due more to the parents than the players.

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, Fred said:

I know this though is antithetical for many in this group but parents do move for a variety of reasons and sometimes their kids are ballers.  For those players that have  moved, has anyone looked at if there was a job related factor for one or both of the parents?  I'm not ignoring that parents move to better their kids options just saying that all of them may not be related to the kids.  For example, Atlanta is a top destination for people moving from the northeast so some of the publicity over NJ/NY players going south may be due more to the parents than the players.

Sure, a job may be involved. But, I think with the increase in folks who work from home, it’s much easier now to live anywhere. Certainly, Lakeland, Fl is not an economic/jobs powerhouse.