Look at this bad boy. He could kill you.

HooverOutlaw

1 minute ago, BUFORDGAWOLVES said:

How many notches on the rattle?

bgw

We let him go. Years ago say maybe 20-25 we would catch them I would say he had 8-10 rattles.  A guy caught one a true 6ft 12 rattles near Cullman Alabama that was even thicker than that one in the picture this was in the late 90's he was a dangerous snake very pissed off.  Snakes like these are nothing to screw around with. We let them go 95 % of the time. I had to kill a few copperheads in the neighborhood over the last few 10  years or so.  I heard of a guy one time who shot a snake inside in his basement 1 time with a 12 gauge and it was a rat snake or as we Alabama folks call them a chicken snake.  People go wild over snakes. Best defense for snake is a regular old cat in a neighborhood.  

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, HooverOutlaw said:

We let him go. Years ago say maybe 20-25 we would catch them I would say he had 8-10 rattles.  A guy caught one a true 6ft 12 rattles near Cullman Alabama that was even thicker than that one in the picture this was in the late 90's he was a dangerous snake very pissed off.  Snakes like these are nothing to screw around with. We let them go 95 % of the time. I had to kill a few copperheads in the neighborhood over the last few 10  years or so.  I heard of a guy one time who shot a snake inside in his basement 1 time with a 12 gauge and it was a rat snake or as we Alabama folks call them a chicken snake.  People go wild over snakes. Best defense for snake is a regular old cat in a neighborhood.  

Yeah, they provide a ecological function. 

Copperheads and Moccasins are aggressive, had a Moccasin come after me while bank fishing…. I hauled ass… I didn’t have a decent weapon and I sure as shit wasn’t going to fuck up my Loomis just to kill it. 

bgw

• Like 1