dbcaptiron

1 hour ago, dbcaptiron said:

Horsefly has the memory of an Elephant.  I thought i was pretty quiet about that (do not remember posting much about it).

He just missed an appointment at the Merchant Marine Service Academy at Kings Point.  We thought he would make it, as the coaches were sending him Christmas cards and everyone was so positive until the wait list came out (in May!).  (He is the #1 athlete in his sport for graduating 2017 class in the state (NJ).  He is pretty determined tho, so he plans to re-apply for next years class.  In the meantime he's going to a regular college for Engineering and a bit of a normal college experience (hopefully before the service academy experience).  He's always been a year younger than his grade, so he can go in as an 18 year old where he would have gone in at 17 this year.

Crazy to think that after Thursday he's gone (well living away at school anyways)

My ears perk up when people talk about the military, especially if their children are serving.  The military has a special place in my life, so I remember.

glad all are doing well, welcome back and best wishes to your son in whatever he chooses to do.

3 hours ago, dbcaptiron said:

Horsefly has the memory of an Elephant.  I thought i was pretty quiet about that (do not remember posting much about it).

He just missed an appointment at the Merchant Marine Service Academy at Kings Point.  We thought he would make it, as the coaches were sending him Christmas cards and everyone was so positive until the wait list came out (in May!).  (He is the #1 athlete in his sport for graduating 2017 class in the state (NJ).  He is pretty determined tho, so he plans to re-apply for next years class.  In the meantime he's going to a regular college for Engineering and a bit of a normal college experience (hopefully before the service academy experience).  He's always been a year younger than his grade, so he can go in as an 18 year old where he would have gone in at 17 this year.

Crazy to think that after Thursday he's gone (well living away at school anyways)

Don't know you but congrats on raising what appears to be a great kid.  Good for you both.