Lime Sink Georgia Top Ten 9/3/2017

Rufus69

Morning Gurus....

First things first.  My head hurts.  Add to that...sleep deprivation is a REAL thing.  Mercer won Thursday night....Colquitt won Friday night...and the Dawgs won last night.  I'm slap wore out.  But I took the time to update the LSTT thru this morning.  Some slight changes...and one MAJOR move.  I'm not in the mood for a whole lot of detail...but be assured...this is The Gospel.  Open your hymnals to page 35.

1.  Grayson - The Green Meanies had their hands full with McEachern in Cantrell...but they won the defensive battle (barely).  For those of you not in the know...Cantrell is a tough place to win and more than likely...the Injuns are the best (2) loss team in Georgia.  The Rams keep on keeping on...for a little while longer.

2.   Lowndes - Here it is.  The Vikings move to No.2 within striking distance.  They literally destroyed Parkview and the Urange Panthers ain't exactly chopped liver this year.  Now Randy Mac did pull his starters a bit too early for my tastes (it was 56-10 at the end of the 3rd) and he finally had to salt a few of them back in to stop some bleeding...but hey, Lowndes put up over 60 points on a valid D.  Things are happening down off Norman Drive.

3.  Marietta - The Blue Devils slip to No.3 mostly due to the Vikings outstanding performance...but they STILL in the running for the crown.  Things are starting to heat up and I was told by a prominent citizen in Powder Springs that McEachern is chomping at the bit to get them in Cantrell.  Now there's you a game that won't be for the faint of heart.

4.  Cartersville - All Cartersville does is score points.  A LOT of points.  A well oiled offense and a better than average defense.  They need to be playing at least two classes higher.

5.  Buford - Here is your sleeper team.  John Ford is the best acquisition the Wolves have made in many many years (and that's saying a lot).  Buford can play and they'll be a factor in the Benz in December.  I just can't see any way around it.

6.  Archer - HERE THEY COME.  Durn...just DURN.  The Tigers could very well be an ugly thorn in Grayson's derriere (that's French ya know).  Just when you thought Archer was out of the picture...NO...they pop back up with fire and determination.  Buddha help us if they find a way to beat the Green Meanies.

7.  Norcross - Still hanging around since they were cheated out of a win/tie in the Corky.  Oh Lord it's hard to be humble....when you're perfect in every way.

8.  Mill Creek - You don't make up a Top Ten without the Hawks.  It's a North Georgia law.  Besides that...they're pretty durn good.  It's a long way to go...but do not trust Mill Creek to ride off gently into that good night.

9.  Rome - This should make some of my closest ATL friends happy.  They wanted Rome.  They GOT Rome.  And yes, since the other Wolves don't play anybody (not even Kell)...they should hang around and be a part of December.  Makes you downright giddy for Shorty Reid.

10.  C          ol       qu      itt - That was HARD to type.  My poor, tiny, little undersized and inexperienced Hawgs have cracked the Lime Sink Top Ten.  They're 3-0...they scored 35 points (last Friday)...our offense gave the other team a TD for the 3rd week in a row...and they actually played Packer football for one and a half quarters.  How could I keep them out?  This is probably the KOD (kiss of death) and more than likely I'll be getting a Nastygram from Rush...but the deed is done.

The next five...

11.  Walton

12.  McEachern

13.  Tucker

14.  Milton

15.  The Mighty Warner Robins Red Demons

I'm fixing to lay down for about a week.  NO TEXTS.    YES,  I know UNLV lost !!!!

Rufus>>

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Rufus69 said:

Morning Gurus....

First things first.  My head hurts.  Add to that...sleep deprivation is a REAL thing.  Mercer won Thursday night....Colquitt won Friday night...and the Dawgs won last night.  I'm slap wore out.  But I took the time to update the LSTT thru this morning.  Some slight changes...and one MAJOR move.  I'm not in the mood for a whole lot of detail...but be assured...this is The Gospel.  Open your hymnals to page 35.

1.  Grayson - The Green Meanies had their hands full with McEachern in Cantrell...but they won the defensive battle (barely).  For those of you not in the know...Cantrell is a tough place to win and more than likely...the Injuns are the best (2) loss team in Georgia.  The Rams keep on keeping on...for a little while longer.

2.   Lowndes - Here it is.  The Vikings move to No.2 within striking distance.  They literally destroyed Parkview and the Urange Panthers ain't exactly chopped liver this year.  Now Randy Mac did pull his starters a bit too early for my tastes (it was 56-10 at the end of the 3rd) and he finally had to salt a few of them back in to stop some bleeding...but hey, Lowndes put up over 60 points on a valid D.  Things are happening down off Norman Drive.

3.  Marietta - The Blue Devils slip to No.3 mostly due to the Vikings outstanding performance...but they STILL in the running for the crown.  Things are starting to heat up and I was told by a prominent citizen in Powder Springs that McEachern is chomping at the bit to get them in Cantrell.  Now there's you a game that won't be for the faint of heart.

4.  Cartersville - All Cartersville does is score points.  A LOT of points.  A well oiled offense and a better than average defense.  They need to be playing at least two classes higher.

5.  Buford - Here is your sleeper team.  John Ford is the best acquisition the Wolves have made in many many years (and that's saying a lot).  Buford can play and they'll be a factor in the Benz in December.  I just can't see any way around it.

6.  Archer - HERE THEY COME.  Durn...just DURN.  The Tigers could very well be an ugly thorn in Grayson's derriere (that's French ya know).  Just when you thought Archer was out of the picture...NO...they pop back up with fire and determination.  Buddha help us if they find a way to beat the Green Meanies.

7.  Norcross - Still hanging around since they were cheated out of a win/tie in the Corky.  Oh Lord it's hard to be humble....when you're perfect in every way.

8.  Mill Creek - You don't make up a Top Ten without the Hawks.  It's a North Georgia law.  Besides that...they're pretty durn good.  It's a long way to go...but do not trust Mill Creek to ride off gently into that good night.

9.  Rome - This should make some of my closest ATL friends happy.  They wanted Rome.  They GOT Rome.  And yes, since the other Wolves don't play anybody (not even Kell)...they should hang around and be a part of December.  Makes you downright giddy for Shorty Reid.

10.  C          ol       qu      itt - That was HARD to type.  My poor, tiny, little undersized and inexperienced Hawgs have cracked the Lime Sink Top Ten.  They're 3-0...they scored 35 points (last Friday)...our offense gave the other team a TD for the 3rd week in a row...and they actually played Packer football for one and a half quarters.  How could I keep them out?  This is probably the KOD (kiss of death) and more than likely I'll be getting a Nastygram from Rush...but the deed is done.

The next five...

11.  Walton

12.  McEachern

13.  Tucker

14.  Milton

15.  The Mighty Warner Robins Red Demons

I'm fixing to lay down for about a week.  NO TEXTS.    YES,  I know UNLV lost !!!!

Rufus>>

Dem purple and gold JOCO Hounds are gonna beat the doors offin Weiner bOObins!