Bartram Trail FL 35, Mainland FL 24 - Final

ECHS05

A HS game being made up today that was postponed Friday.

I got a feeling BTrail is a bit better than some in FL think. Solely because I saw them play Cartersville and BTs offense is legit. 

They are up on Mainland 21-10 right before halftime , whom is #11 in FL at CP, and I just saw Columbiafan has Mainland #10, and BTrail #39 in FL. 

BT is pretty good, IMO. They mightve fell behind 31-3 to Cartersville, but rebounded to make it 52-45 to finish.

The main reason I made this... is there anywhere to view this game?

1 minute ago, ECHS05 said:

A HS game being made up today that was postponed Friday.

I got a feeling BTrail is a bit better than some in FL think. Solely because I saw them play Cartersville and BTs offense is legit. 

They are up on Mainland 21-10 right before halftime , whom is #11 in FL at CP, and I just saw Columbiafan has Mainland #10, and BTrail #39 in FL. 

BT is pretty good, IMO. They mightve fell behind 31-3 to Cartersville, but rebounded to make it 52-45 to finish.

The main reason I made this... is there anywhere to view this game?

Bartram offense is legit but i saw them first hand this year 

That defense for bartram isn't good and will cost them in playoffs 

After Cartersville beat Calhoun 58-6 this weekend, the fact that BTrail was able to come back and make it a game means they are good.

Cartersville looks legit as shit this year. Especially their O... the D is young but is well coached and will get better.

BTrail should do well if they can play that way all year... maybe their O can make up for their D.

Cartersville is without a doubt, top 6-7 in GA.

5 minutes ago, Nolebull813 said:

They are gonna be able to score points with the best of them. 

If they beat Mainland all that's left is Cocoa and St Augustine in the regular season. 

If they start rolling, and win the North, a game with STA would be awesome. 

I've said it on the Florida board I'll say it here

Of any 7a north contender they are the worst possible matchup for sta

Bartram won't be able to score on that defense and sta would eat the bartram secondary alive 

2 minutes ago, ECHS05 said:

After Cartersville beat Calhoun 58-6 this weekend, the fact that BTrail was able to come back and make it a game means they are good.

Cartersville looks legit as shit this year. Especially their O... the D is young but is well coached and will get better.

BTrail should do well if they can play that way all year... maybe their O can make up for their D.

It will to a extent but last 2 years they gave up over 50 points in playoff elimination games, you can't just give up that many points in playoffs and expect to win,  rarley do you survive giving up that many 

4 minutes ago, ECHS05 said:

And no Nole. This isnt me trying to make a team that played GA OOS , out to be better than they are.

Im saying, the way BTrail played one of Georgias top teams caught my attention... thats a solid club on O.

I agree solid offense but cant win championship without a good D as well especially against a team like St Thomas Aquinas 

Just now, Columbiafan said:

I agree solid offense but cant win championship without a good D as well especially against a team like St Thomas Aquinas 

Yeah... D needs work, they only made Cartersville punt 1 time all night. Every other possession ended in 7 TDs and a FG for Cville.

The comeback was made possible, by BTrail scoring a TD with 0 secs left on the clock going into Halftime to make it 38-17, BTrail got the ball 1st after halftime also... 38-24 after that, and then they recovered a sneaky onside kick, made it 38-31. Game went from 38-10 to 38-31 without Cartersville O ever seeing the field.

Either way. After halftime BTrails O did work, it was impressive. They have 2 solid QBs

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Columbiafan said:

Impressive win

I'm interested where both teams go from here

BTrails results...

Cartersville 52, Bartram Trail 45

Bartram Trail 35, Mainland 24

... says thats a good team. Better than thought at preseason.

Cartersville is expected to roll to another 15-0 season, and make that 45 wins in a row.

7 minutes ago, Columbiafan said:

The fact that mainland only scored 24 when most good offenses bartram has faced  lately usually scores at least 30 if not more and fact last year mainland demolished them 

You are talking about last year.

BTrail has only played 1 other game this season, and they wont see another offense as good as Cartersville no matter who they play...

LAST YEAR Mainland won 48-22... that flipped with BT winning 35-24.

The evidence says you are wrong about BT. That stuff is all the more reason to believe BT is improved this season.

1 minute ago, ECHS05 said:

You are talking about last year.

BTrail has only played 1 other game this season, and they wont see another offense as good as Cartersville no matter who they play...

LAST YEAR Mainland won 48-22... that flipped with BT winning 35-24.

The evidence says you are wrong about BT.

I saw Columbia play them back in may and even with our starting qb injured we put up 33 points with a backup qb playing 

Wether or not you count spring games that showed me they had holes in the secondary, in fact we scored with a long bomb the first play from scrimmage 

The weakness in the defense then got exposed again against Cartersville 

I'm very familiar with bartram trail, we have played 5 times since 2011

This Past spring 

And previously in 4 playoff matchups,  I've gotten very familiar with bartram and how they play

2 minutes ago, ECHS05 said:

Its pretty obvious your unwillingness to accept BT as a good team is the fact they lost to an OOS team. But it was also a top 6-7 team in a Top 4 state. A 2 time defending state champ on a 33 game winning streak.

Lol that would be interesting arguement 

Except i was saying the same before they ever played Cartersville so that game had nothing that changed my opinion on what i noticed firsthand was a weakness on BT