Bartram Trail FL 35, Mainland FL 24 - Final

ECHS05

Bartrum Trail  35  Mainland  24

In a game of big plays BT had a few more then the hometown Bucs. Counting the KOC loss to Apopka, Mainland hasn't started off a season like this since the last CENTURY.  Our most reliable strength the WR's , dropped several critical passes tonight that gave BT a short field and put the Mainland "D" back on the field. The QB is still running for his life more often then not. Coaches might want to give the backups some reps cause odds are this young guy's not going to stay healthy. He throws a pretty ball WHEN HE HAS TIME. Running game is still a work in progress. Defense is tough, but a little small on the outside. To the DB's " AS DEEP AS THE DEEPEST MAN " ( Elementary Coverage 101 ).  Kicker/Punter is strongest in years. Mainland is 0-1 with the "good in season opponents." Dr Phillips and Cocoa being the other two. 7-3 is a worse case scenario. District is weak and a top 4 regional seeding is a 99.9% lock. Tank Dell, Bucs most reliable WR, should be back for Friday's Treasure Coast contest. Great route runner, great hands. Interesting season so far.......#spoiledbuccaneer.   

Bartrum Trail has a good passing offense. The big QB ( Auburn ) being the more dangerous one of the two. Surprisingly, their overall team speed isn't what you might think. Not an overly athletic team. They have a good coaching staff that gets the best out of what they got. They don't hurt themselves with silly mistakes. If they're the best in 7A north I would be surprised. But then again what the hell do I know......#oldman  

• Like 1

I was at both the BT vs Mainland and Mainland vs Apopka games. B Trail is the real deal on offense. On defense, their front 4 and linebackers are okay to very good. Their defensive weakness is in their secondary, which will give up a lot of points to an offense that has an effective passing game. In fact, but for Mainland's O Line providing poor protection for the QB and the receivers dropping a number of on the money passes, Mainland would have put several more points on the board. I could see B Trail making the state title game in 7A, but the going will be tough. I don't give them a realistic chance against St. Thomas Aquinas. They do have two very impressive quarterbacks.

Regarding Mainland, there are a bit down this year. The QB has a good arm but lacks the mobility of last year's starter, Huston. And the Offensive Line, though big, is somewhat soft. Also, the defense, though solid, isn't nasty the way recent Mainland defenses have been. I think they are currently a bit overrated in both Florida and Nationally. Against Apopka in the KOC, they were down 26-0 late in the third, before making the final score a respectable 26-14.That said, they will win their district easily. With regards the playoffs, they have a rough road, as they may have to play: Carol City/Norland, Miami Northwestern and Miami Central in successive weeks to win the region. I could see them winning one of these games, but three, not likely.  So I see them exiting in the first to second round, unless they improve significantly between now and then.

• Like 3

Mainland is a tough read annually similar to Dwyer, Armwood,  Lakeland  and Dr Phillips in that they play so few quality teams it's hard to read how good they are.   

This is where Calpreps shines (and I wish they had a top 100 record stat, top 1000 is a start but would be ideal with further criteria).

The latest dynasty is still just 4 years (13 thru 16 and no '17 games posted) but you get a feel here... 

http://calpreps.com/Florida_dynasty_ratings5.htm

Annual playoff entries with some brand name status barely tested...   % of games vs. a top 1000 opponent  

Mainland - 32%  (17 of 53)  

Armwood  - 28%  (16 of 57) 

Dr Phillips  - 25%  (13 of 53)

Lakeland - 24%  (11 of 46)

Dwyer - 17%  (8 of 48) 

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, ECHS05 said:

For the gicks and kiggles.... That game moved Bartram Trail to #68 nationally and Cartersville up to #37.... at CP.

Bartram trail 68th in nation? 

Guess i should feel proud, columbia put up 33 points with a backup qb on a top 100 in nation team, we must really be good but are we even considered to have a hope of winning our district? Nope

Guess because we don't have a 4 star qb who runs like Tebow we not contenders, let me know when someone here reads between the lines and truly discovers what i meant behind that

54 minutes ago, Columbiafan said:

Bartram trail 68th in nation? 

Guess i should feel proud, columbia put up 33 points with a backup qb on a top 100 in nation team, we must really be good but are we even considered to have a hope of winning our district? Nope

Guess because we don't have a 4 star qb who runs like Tebow we not contenders, let me know when someone here reads between the lines and truly discovers what i meant behind that

I dont see where you played BTrail.

Please dont say a scrimmage... or I'll Lol.

1 minute ago, Nolebull813 said:

He's talking about when B Trail butt drilled them in the spring game. Lol. 

Bull you need to redefine what a blowout is

We played with our starting qb as well as 5-10 players injured and still put up 33 points, that game was by no means a blowout 

You can spin it however you want but i actually was at the game so i know what happened firsthand and i doubt you were at the game so i obviously would know how the game went far better than someone who just looked at final score after the fact 

9 minutes ago, ECHS05 said:

And the final score?

51-33

So 16 point difference when we were playing with 5-10 players out including our starting qb

I feel confident we could beat them in a rematch considering last time we played them in a game that did count for something more than just a spring matchup  it was 51-14 Columbia win

4 hours ago, Columbiafan said:

51-33

So 16 point difference when we were playing with 5-10 players out including our starting qb

I feel confident we could beat them in a rematch considering last time we played them in a game that did count for something more than just a spring matchup  it was 51-14 Columbia win

Thats an 18 point difference. Not 16.

Lmao... That was 2 years ago dude... in 2015. 51-14... ffs.

2 years ago, the same year Columbia beat BTrail... Mainland beat BTrail 56-24... by 32. 

This year, which is what matters, BTrail beat Mainland 35-24.

What happened 2 years ago has absolutely NOTHING to do with this year... that should go without saying, but apparently you think the 2 completely different years are related.

24 minutes ago, ECHS05 said:

Thats an 18 point difference. Not 16.

Lmao... That was 2 years ago dude... in 2015. 51-14... ffs.

2 years ago, the same year Columbia beat BTrail... Mainland beat BTrail 56-24... by 32. 

This year, which is what matters, BTrail beat Mainland 35-24.

What happened 2 years ago has absolutely NOTHING to do with this year... that should go without saying, but apparently you think the 2 completely different years are related.

Explain to me this

What evidence do you have that 2017 bartram trail can beat 2017 Columbia since the spring game probably has little importance to you 

2 hours ago, Columbiafan said:

Explain to me this

What evidence do you have that 2017 bartram trail can beat 2017 Columbia since the spring game probably has little importance to you 

Because BTrail is better than Columbia.

BTrail is a lot better than they were in 2015. Sorry to tell you.

1 hour ago, ECHS05 said:

Because BTrail is better than Columbia.

BTrail is a lot better than they were in 2015. Sorry to tell you.

Based on what?

You say the better i want to see how you support it

And they don't look that much better than 2015, yeah offense more mature but secondary sucked in 2015 and still does in 2017

Only real difference between the 2 teams is gatewood and Riley Smith are seniors and far better developed then 2 years ago, outside of that rest of team looks no better than 2 years ago