Just a typical night of UPSETS in Georgia.

Middlegafan

4 hours ago, Middlegafan said:

Bainbridge 35 5A #1 Ware Co. 21

McEachern 28 #9 7A Valdosta 7

North Cobb 42 state ranked Milton 27

AAA Crisp Co. 20 6A  ranked Northside Warner Robins 16

Coffee 21 Richmond Hill 0

Douglas Co. 30 Langston Hughes 27

MIGHTY Buford 30 pitiful Marietta 3

Bigger fish than these will fall a little further down the road. There are still a couple of posers to be exposed.

41 minutes ago, Middlegafan said:

I just thought that I'd throw that in, as a HMMMM regarding Buford's continued offensive woes. LAST week, Walton hung FIFTY TWO on this same Marietta team. And Walton ain't CLOSE to being ranked as a top five team in America.

Well, nobody’s going to confuse that logic with Mr Spock but if it works for you …. Okay.

1 hour ago, Middlegafan said:

I just thought that I'd throw that in, as a HMMMM regarding Buford's continued offensive woes. LAST week, Walton hung FIFTY TWO on this same Marietta team. And Walton ain't CLOSE to being ranked as a top five team in America.

As somebody who has watched every play of both games, people need to remember styles make fights. 

Walton is an explosive offense. They are a different team than Buford philosophy wise. A throwing team that can run. Buford is a running team that can throw. If Buford  wanted to be an explosive passing team they have the talent, but they’ve always been a run first team and anybody thinking they were changing because the top QB in America transferred in they’re wrong. Buford has won 14 titles doing what they do. 

It would be a helluva game. I wouldn’t be surprised either way. The thing that many don’t get is Buford certainly could have scored more points most weeks against the teams they play but don’t. They work on things that will help them down the road. Last season Haynes had about 8 Carrie’s against Marietta. Frankly they could’ve ran him all night and we weren’t gonna stop them. At least not have kept it to a 14-0 game as it was.

Don’t sleep on Buford. Unbelievable talent there. They did have a few kids get hurt last night, one or two may be lost for the season. That sucks. 

Baby Sweets played against Norcross and got rolled up twice. Been on a sprained MCL since Spring (we didn’t know) and got rolled again Thursday at practice, making the MCL worse and also getting a high ankle sprain. Sucks because he put a lot of work in to play this year, but he has one more chance next year. Any kind thoughts for my Son would be appreciated. Never wanna see any kid have a season end because of an injury!!!

• Like 1