I'm Dragging The Line.....

RedZone

I've always liked Tommy James and the Shondells. I like their version of "I think we're alone now," and "Just a Mirage."

But, whenever I hear "Crimson and Clover," I really start to smile. There I was, riding with my mini-skirted babe next to me on my bench seated coupe, listening to that song, and when it got to the 2:28 mark, I thought there was some problem with the radio signal. I started to fiddle with the tuner, but to no avail. Then I figured that the overhead wires I was driving under must be the culprit. It was a long time ago ('68), so I can't remember how long it took me to finally figure out that the song was sounding just like it was supposed to sound. 😳

On 10/1/2023 at 9:43 AM, golfaddict1 said:

Haven’t heard that music in a while.  Some classic tunes.  

Now I just had a flashback about a singer named Walter Scott, a forensic files episode casualty sadly.  
He sang a song about watching out for a cheater.  His wife cheated on him and the man she cheated with, killed Walter.  :( 

My interest was peaked, and I researched this. I read two newspapers and there were some interesting items in them. 

The man who killed Scott, had, only two months earlier, killed his own wife by beating her to death, and passed it off as a car accident. Then, after hog-tying and shooting Scott, the killer (James H "Big Jim" Williams, Sr.) hid his body in a cistern on his own property.

Then, about three years later Scott's widow (JoAnn) married his killer. Scotts parents suspected the killer from the beginning, because when Scott disappeared, the parents visited their daughter-in-law, and found her sitting with the killer as he looked over Scott's jewelry with a jeweler's eye piece, and judged which ones were valuable, and which ones were not.

Originally both "Big Jim" and and his new wife JoAnn (Scott's widow) were both charged with 1st degree murder, but JoAnn Pleaded guilty to hindering the prosecution of his murderer, and served 18 months of her five year sentence.

("Big Jim") died in prison in 2011 at the age of 72 while serving his life sentence.

I wonder if Walter Scott, who's real name is (Walter Simon Northeis, Jr.), was having an affair with "Big Jim's" wife, leading to their murders. Who knows, maybe it started as a wife swapping thing?

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Slotback Right said:

I've always liked Tommy James and the Shondells. I like their version of "I think we're alone now," and "Just a Mirage."

But, whenever I hear "Crimson and Clover," I really start to smile. There I was, riding with my mini-skirted babe next to me on my bench seated coupe, listening to that song, and when it got to the 2:28 mark, I thought there was some problem with the radio signal. I started to fiddle with the tuner, but to no avail. Then I figured that the overhead wires I was driving under must be the culprit. It was a long time ago ('68), so I can't remember how long it took me to finally figure out that the song was sounding just like it was supposed to sound. 😳

Back in my younger and crazier days there used to be a cover band on Bourbon Street that could nail that song..... had a female lead singer. You had to be pretty good to play on Bourbon back then. I don't know about today.

Anyways, this is not her. 👇

Girls could nail that song.

14 minutes ago, RedZone said:

Back in my younger and crazier days there used to be a cover band on Bourbon Street that could nail that song..... had a female lead singer. You had to be pretty good to play on Bourbon back then. I don't know about today.

Anyways, this is not her. 👇

Girls could nail that song.

Joan Jett had some success with that song also....peaked at #7 in the US.

People just like that song especially if it's done well.

7 hours ago, Slotback Right said:

My interest was peaked, and I researched this. I read two newspapers and there were some interesting items in them. 

The man who killed Scott, had, only two months earlier, killed his own wife by beating her to death, and passed it off as a car accident. Then, after hog-tying and shooting Scott, the killer (James H "Big Jim" Williams, Sr.) hid his body in a cistern on his own property.

Then, about three years later Scott's widow (JoAnn) married his killer. Scotts parents suspected the killer from the beginning, because when Scott disappeared, the parents visited their daughter-in-law, and found her sitting with the killer as he looked over Scott's jewelry with a jeweler's eye piece, and judged which ones were valuable, and which ones were not.

Originally both "Big Jim" and and his new wife JoAnn (Scott's widow) were both charged with 1st degree murder, but JoAnn Pleaded guilty to hindering the prosecution of his murderer, and served 18 months of her five year sentence.

("Big Jim") died in prison in 2011 at the age of 72 while serving his life sentence.

I wonder if Walter Scott, who's real name is (Walter Simon Northeis, Jr.), was having an affair with "Big Jim's" wife, leading to their murders. Who knows, maybe it started as a wife swapping thing?

Good stuff.  Takes me right back to that episode.  

As I recall it, Walter left his wife for a dancer on tour I believe as he cheated.  That was a huuuuuge mistake clearly.  

You’re spot on about the details.  

The killer’s son was clearly not fond of his father and Big Jim would have shot Walter in the head not the back as he stated as I recall.  Well there you go 😂
He had that low smoker’s voice.  

Seeing Walter’s Dad at the end was rough.  Poor guy got his victory and he did it for his son.  His facial look of pause and then speaking was heart-wrenching.  

• Sad 1