FHSAA classifications

181pl

On 12/22/2023 at 5:17 PM, 181pl said:

Sets up another possible Lakeland v. STA title matchup 😅

https://fhsaa.com/documents/2023/12/22//Football_2024_26.xlsx?id=4791

Either STA won't 6-peat, or Lakeland won't three-peat. Lakeland remains a wild card as they continue along under the new head coach. We'll see how they fare in recru...errr I mean attracting talent in the off-season.  

43 minutes ago, Nulli Secundus said:

LOL. I'm already bored thinking about another Lakeland STA 9game.

Variety is the spice of life. But, Lakeland-STA is an avatar of the (dwindling) support for mixing private urban powers and public non-urban powers. After the fall of the Bradenton and Sarasota county powers (Manatee, Southeast Sarasota Riverview), Lakeland is the last public school outside of Dade/Broward that has shown it can handle powers from Dade/Broward STA. In theory, Lakeland, like every other such school, should never be able to knock off a school like STA. That they have is what makes the story compelling. I mean, we have a shyster with his own message board and connections around the country who is openly trying to eliminate public schools from high school football. He absolutely despises public schools like Lakeland. So, if they could break the STA title win streak, it would be a great story.