Taiwan Elections...

I've started back going to school to finish my degree in Mass Communications & Journalism... (Online because I drive for a living now as well...). 

Part of my classes is observing different opinions across social media and several different forms of media... 

And I wont lie its hard to remain neutral sometimes but you got to. 

Facts dont care about your emotions. 

But that being said I chose to do my first assignment on the Taiwanese elections and the potential geopolitical effects... 

It looks like currently the Taiwan independence party (DPP) is heavily favored (Like its not even close) to win... 

The people of Taiwan don't want to be a puppet of the CCP. 

They want to be left alone to make their own decisions in their own country... 

But as always this will some how end up being pinned on the west... (Because nothings ever the CCP or Russia's fault)... 

• Like 3

Keep us updated on the election and post election status and GL with your studies.  👍🏻

I’ve been following Poland politics for years, but recently quite a bit more.  It’s eerily similar to post Trump in some ways currently after an 8 year run of far right politics was defeated. 

The media propaganda still belongs to the old guard, if I’m not mistaken with a Fox News rhetoric theme.  
Duda (Pres) still has voting power for another 18 months or so with his party and It won’t be pretty initially (many protests), but hopefully things smooth over in a few years.   

13 hours ago, golfaddict1 said:

Keep us updated on the election and post election status and GL with your studies.  👍🏻

I’ve been following Poland politics for years, but recently quite a bit more.  It’s eerily similar to post Trump in some ways currently after an 8 year run of far right politics was defeated. 

The media propaganda still belongs to the old guard, if I’m not mistaken with a Fox News rhetoric theme.  
Duda (Pres) still has voting power for another 18 months or so with his party and It won’t be pretty initially (many protests), but hopefully things smooth over in a few years.   

Well the Taiwan Independence party won by a sizeable margin 

And the CCP isnt happy in the slightest

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

The unfortunate reality of Geopolitics is the superpower countries can't be Isolationist... 

In the vein of the USA you could say our foreign policy with some countries is questionable especially with the Middle East... Iraq should not have went the way it did but thats not the topic today... 

If America becomes Isolationist the free world goes to Hell... 

Russia is proving right now that no matter what you do Putin is going to do whatever he damn well pleases ... 

People forget that Ukraine asked to join NATO not the other way around... 

And they asked to join because Putin unilaterally decided to Annex Crimea... and he didnt like that Ukraine was moving in their own best interest without his approval.... 

Well the CCP is no different.... 

Nobody likes war... But you can't let bullies and maniacs run wild and go unchecked... 

Otherwise things will only get worse... 

Also I dont dive into the conspiracy waters but I've heard something interesting and I've seen it mentioned before from some non-tinfoil hat wearing people.... 

But according to American intelligence and MI6... 

Theres apparently a rapidly growing dissatisfied faction in China that plans on launching a coup and starting a civil war in China to topple the CCP and Xi... 

Now obviously Im not gonna include this in any of my academic works related to Taiwan because I myself have nothing outside of hear say to back these claims up and I'm not about to make myself look like a clown... 

But theres been rumors for months now though that after Xi fired a bunch of top brass in the PLA/Chinese army that they had a massive exodus of soldiers and lower ranking intelligence agents... 

Coupled with  China's looming domestic economic free fall and unsustainable hostile relations with India that are getting worse and worse by the day... 

There is most definitely something big and bad on the horizon for the CCP... and its coming soon 

19 hours ago, 15yds4gibberish said:

If you would like to understand the geopolitics surrounding Taiwan, check out the book Chip War by Chris Miller.

Now the Firing of Generals and turnover of soldiers and spies is something that there is evidence of it was reported on shortly before Christmas.... 

Its also been reported that Corruption amongst China's elite is so rampant that 85% of their Nuclear arsenal and Long range missles fuel tanks have been stolen and replaced with Water... 

Also they're dealing with Rampant financial corruption from State run banks... 

• Like 1