Tennessee hammers the NCAA in court today

HooverOutlaw

A federal judge rules the NCAA can't enforce NIL.  The NCAA'S days in cfb is almost over.  They have bitten the hand that feeds to many times. I hope I live to see them go completely out.  The clock is ticking I hope it affects everyone that has worked for them in some negative way. 

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

Be careful what you ask for, you might get it.  With no governing body, it has the potential to turn into a few haves and a whole lot of have nots.  Your team might be up now but it could easily stumble and fall out of contention.  I'm not saying the NCAA is great and wonderful but there needs to be some governance and better the devil you know than the unknown.

1 hour ago, Fred said:

Be careful what you ask for, you might get it.  With no governing body, it has the potential to turn into a few haves and a whole lot of have nots.  Your team might be up now but it could easily stumble and fall out of contention.  I'm not saying the NCAA is great and wonderful but there needs to be some governance and better the devil you know than the unknown.

The big 10 and SEC need to join together and form a governing body imo.

The utter stupidity of the average fan is striking.

The NCAA is just the agent of the schools. They only do what the schools want them to do. The schools want oversight of NIL. The fact that the courts have ruled against the NCAA at every turn simply means that there will be no rules for anything very soon. A free-for-all basically.

9 hours ago, Atticus Finch said:

The utter stupidity of the average fan is striking.

The NCAA is just the agent of the schools. They only do what the schools want them to do. The schools want oversight of NIL. The fact that the courts have ruled against the NCAA at every turn simply means that there will be no rules for anything very soon. A free-for-all basically.

If they are doing what the schools want why are they in Congress begging for help?

The bully has had their ass whipped so much in court they are begging Congress to make the bad old colleges go away. The bully is getting bullied.

1 hour ago, HooverOutlaw said:

If they are doing what the schools want why are they in Congress begging for help?

The bully has had their ass whipped so much in court they are begging Congress to make the bad old colleges go away. The bully is getting bullied.

Because they're unable to enforce NIL rules due to the courts.

Tennessee is a consistent rule breaker. Of course they're going to sue so they can get away with it.

The fact that you don't understand how the NCAA works speaks volumes. You're a dope.