Texas 3A Power Newton @ DeRidder, La

RedZone

Newton, TX was the talk of this forum for 2 years when they won state championships in 2017 and 2018..... well, by bubba 2A bro anyways. I'm sure @Atticus Finch remembers. 

DeRidder, La is average at best. Happy to see them accept the challenge. I read that Newton is having a hard time finding games, nobody wants to play them much in Texas. 

I think Newton averaged about 70 points a game last year going 11-1 and 3 or 4 rounds in the playoffs. I don't think they played many regular season games last year.

Is what it is. They really butchered the DeRidder spelling.

https://www.kjas.com/sports/local_sports/article_afc60848-c4ed-11ee-ab10-6f0fc25db816.html

"Just as Jasper did on Monday Newton released their 2024 football schedule. Coach Drew Johnston will bring back a roster that will likely be ranked in the top 5 in the preseason 3A Division 2 polls. The Eagles had plenty of young talent that will be back for the 2024 campaign.

2024 Newton Football Schedule

Aug 30 – West Orange-Stark @ Newton

Sep 6 – Newton @ Jefferson

Sep 13 – Tatum @ Newton

Sep 20 – Newton @ Deritter

Sep 27 – Anderson-Shiro @ Newton (district)

Oct 4 – Newton @ New Waverly (district)

Oct 11 – Woodville @ Newton (district)

Oct 18 – Newton @ Kountze (district)

Oct 25 – Trinity @ Newton (district)

Nov 1 – Newton @ Warren (district)

For the current UIL realignment Newton has almost the same district as they have had for the past two years with one exception. Woodville dropped from 3A Division 1 to Division 2 and they are replacing Hemphill who was in the district. Pre -district games against West Orange-Stark and Tatum will be tests for the Eagles and they will travel into Louisiana for their final non-district game.

The Eagles will be favored to win the district with Woodville most likely to be the stiffest competition for a district crown.