Lake Travis vs Allen

ChimpGrip

The Cavaliers and Eagles will square off in Allen's backyard next Saturday for all the marbles. I have been wanting this game since 2008... And here it is. I know Allen brings size and depth to the table, but I really like how LT handled the size and ferocity of Katy (particularly their defensive line). Can anyone here fill me in on what Allen has on offense and defense? I know Tisdale (QB?) is a star player. If this young group of Cavs can knock off Allen, they will have beaten Judson, Katy (undefeated), and Allen (undefeated) on their way to a 7th title. Such a feat places them in Texas high school football royalty. 

If Baldwin is healthy and they can play angry and execute, I like LT to win this.

No score prediction from me.

I'm hoping LT does well. I haven't see Allen play this year but everyone knows they are pretty good year in, year out. If LT had played Westlake later in the season than they did, I think LT wins that game. They have been playing very well for a while now. Hope they do well to help soften the blow of Katy losing. The only time the games are not played in Arlington is if they have a conflicting schedule there. Not sure that is fair, I really wish they would rotate it between DFW, Austin-San Antonio, and the Houston area. But anyway it is a good venue.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

The best aspect of this game is they have never played and their fan bases aren't necessarily friends lol

What is Allen good at? Katy's strengths fit right into LT's weaknesses, as they were a great rushing team (LT has struggled to stop the run all year long) and great defense (I still think Katy has the best defense in the state). Despite having these strengths, they still got beat by 14. 

Just now, ChimpGrip said:

What is Allen good at? Katy's strengths fit right into LT's weaknesses, as they were a great rushing team (LT has struggled to stop the run all year long) and great defense (I still think Katy has the best defense in the state). Despite having these strengths, they still got beat by 14. 

Allen is complete, solid pass n run game and all around defense.  They platoon a lot of players.  Lots of size on their OL

15 minutes ago, GlenC7 said:

I'm hoping LT does well. I haven't see Allen play this year but everyone knows they are pretty good year in, year out. If LT had played Westlake later in the season than they did, I think LT wins that game. They have been playing very well for a while now. Hope they do well to help soften the blow of Katy losing. The only time the games are not played in Arlington is if they have a conflicting schedule there. Not sure that is fair, I really wish they would rotate it between DFW, Austin-San Antonio, and the Houston area. But anyway it is a good venue.

Yeah it should be an amazing game and atmosphere, thought I may not make it to Dallas this year. I have a feeling LT is going to come out the gates hot similar to last year against TW.