Illinois vs (St Louis) Missouri Tripleheader Classic

Nolebull813

2 minutes ago, Nolebull813 said:

Why is atheist tax dollars more important than Christian tax dollars? If Christians pay tax to fund a school, then why can't their beliefs be incorporated in small ways like a simple coaches prayer? 

America is a secular country.

Not having prayer in schools is not an atheist thing. It's a secular thing.

If you understood basic American history you'd know this.

If very simple. If you want your children to have school sanctioned prayer then send them to a private school.

1 minute ago, Guccifer said:

xD

It's almost too amazing to be true.

If I say I believe in Christianity and talk to my players about it you would come up and say.......

"hey! It is my belief that you should not be conducting prayer and anything religiously affiliated with these players! These are my beliefs on the matter and they need to be enforced because my beliefs are much more important than your beliefs!!!"

5 minutes ago, Nolebull813 said:

Should they separate tax dollars and pass a law that says no Christians tax dollars can go towards a public school that refuses to acknowledge their beliefs in any way? 

No, schools should remain neutral on the matter (secular). The purpose is to educate ALL children and not to "acknowledge beliefs' in any way. 

2 minutes ago, Nolebull813 said:

If I say I believe in Christianity and talk to my players about it you would come up and say.......

"hey! It is my belief that you should not be conducting prayer and anything religiously affiliated with these players! These are my beliefs on the matter and they need to be enforced because my beliefs are much more important than your beliefs!!!"

It's not just my belief. It's the law. It's tradition. It's one of the basic principles of this country.

Hell, if a coach wants to hold ministry outside of school hours and off campus he can tell his players his entire christian story.

He just can't do it on campus and in his capacity as head coach.

It's totally inappropriate.

Find the right time and place.

Just now, Guccifer said:

No, schools should remain neutral on the matter (secular). The purpose is to educate ALL children and not to "acknowledge beliefs' in any way. 

Doesn't having no religion or cultural diversity promote ignorance and separation? 

Hell I don't care if Muslims want to gather and pray on their magic carpets. I wouldn't mind other religions holding their own functions. I don't have to go. I can know the when and where and choose not to attend. 

Billions of people celebrate all different kinds of religions and these would actually be key to bring into public schools to help others if they choose to become interested more education about them. 

Why not be engaging and united instead of banning everything that could be viewed as offensive!! If the whole entire world doesn't agree to it then ban it!! That's not a positive and progressive way of promoting cultural diversity 

Just now, Nolebull813 said:

Doesn't having no religion or cultural diversity promote ignorance and separation? 

I'd argue that having religion in schools is what promotes ignorance.

But, again, these are public schools. If you want religion to be a part of your child's education then send them to private school and they pray all day, in public, with their teachers if they want.

7 minutes ago, Nolebull813 said:

Hell I don't care if Muslims want to gather and pray on their magic carpets. I wouldn't mind other religions holding their own functions. I don't have to go. I can know the when and where and choose not to attend. 

But if the person holding the Muslim prayer was your son's head coach, you'd be outraged.

It's not a matter of choosing to go.

Your kid's extracurricular activity is holding Muslim prayers. Your kid shouldn't be forced to decide.

3 minutes ago, Nolebull813 said:

Why not be engaging and united instead of banning everything that could be viewed as offensive!!

Holding a prayer in the face of non-believers is not inclusive. It's forcing your religion on others. It's exclusive.

And you're the guy who said that he would choose not to attend any Muslim prayer.

So how would that engagement work for you?

And nobody is for banning everything that is viewed as offensive. Prayer is not offensive. It's just inappropriate in public school.

1 minute ago, Guccifer said:

Holding a prayer in the face of non-believers is not inclusive. It's forcing your religion on others. It's exclusive.

And you're the guy who said that he would choose not to attend any Muslim prayer.

So how would that engagement work for you?

And nobody is for banning everything that is viewed as offensive. Prayer is not offensive. It's just inappropriate in public school.

I would tell my son to not attend the after game prayer if he chooses not to. 

Listen they should just start separating tax dollars based on beliefs and those tax dollars can only fund projects that coincide with those beliefs. Lol. 

So if a new public school cost $50 million to get up and running and 30 million of those tax dollars were contributed by on the books Christians, then it's pretty fucked up that their beliefs are being suppressed to the point it is offensive and it's an issue to even acknowledge it by the staff? 

Wow 

4 minutes ago, Guccifer said:

And your son has been separated from his team.

How's that inclusiveness working for you?

Not really because that prayer would be like what? 2 minutes? 

So he is right there every day, every night, every practice, every game but he is gonna feel excluded and alienated because of some 2 minute prayer that he doesn't want to partake in? 

These kids shouldn't have that frail of a psyche 

26 minutes ago, Nolebull813 said:

Listen they should just start separating tax dollars based on beliefs and those tax dollars can only fund projects that coincide with those beliefs. Lol. 

Says you.

I haven't said that and no reasonable person would.

This is proof, again, that underneath every religious zealot is pure selfishness and tribalism.

Your belief is just that. My belief happens to correspond to the law and the founding of this country. 

28 minutes ago, Nolebull813 said:

So if a new public school cost $50 million to get up and running and 30 million of those tax dollars were contributed by on the books Christians, then it's pretty fucked up that their beliefs are being suppressed to the point it is offensive and it's an issue to even acknowledge it by the staff? 

The government of the United States is secular.

Your beliefs aren't being suppressed if that law requires those beliefs to be expressed outside of government sanction.

You're just clueless as usual.

28 minutes ago, Nolebull813 said:

These kids shouldn't have that frail of a psyche 

Psyche also has nothing to do with it.

Plenty of women who were abused by Weinsten and others had strong psyches and were still hesitant to come forward.

Why?

Because they feared blowback.

The same can be said for any kid who would think to not participate in a coach sponsored prayer.

Nobody should have to make that choice in a public school.