Illinois vs (St Louis) Missouri Tripleheader Classic

Nolebull813

2 hours ago, Guccifer said:

The irony here is amazing.

They are forced to stand outside their group but they are still "treated" like teammates.

I don't think you realize how selfish and tone deaf you sound.

Any coach who does such a thing to his kids is a terrible coach and I'd even submit a terrible adult in general.

Why? They have a choice. He doesnt force them. 

I believe in God guess what I go to college and even have some friends who dont. 

In HS we had the same thing. Some of them didnt want to pray and we respected that. We didnt treat them any differently they had a choice we didnt force them. I believe in God and I still didnt participate half the time. I prefer to pray alone. 

And likewise the kids who didnt want to join in guess what they didnt complain. 

This is what one of my friends told me "Im well aware that our beliefs our different I dont complain because you dont try to force or goad me into joining in and I respect that" we never forced the kids who didnt want to join in to do so.  

We did it all the time... 

None of them complained like you are now... 

And I was at a public school. 

8 hours ago, Guccifer said:

That's terrible coaching to force a high school kid, at a potential vulnerable time in his life, to either endure a prayer or excuse himself from the rest of his team.

If the rest of the players want to do it, and a few other kids dont... Nothing wrong with them simply not participating.

Telling the kids that want to, they cant, is the real problem. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

And likewise the kids who didnt want to join in guess what they didnt complain. 

And many women who are sexually assaulted don't complain right away either.

Trust me.

The kids who don't want to participate or are forced to, want to complain but feel isolated and are worried about a potential backlash.

1 minute ago, Guccifer said:

It's a public school. You'er forcing a school sanctioned prayer on somebody.

Do it on your own time.

It's unbelievable that none of you understand this simple concept.

No. Youre not.

Youre given the option to participate in prayer. If you dont want to, thats your choice... Most people do.

Just now, Guccifer said:

And many women who are sexually assaulted don't complain right away either.

Trust me.

The kids who don't want to participate or are forced to, want to complain but feel isolated and are worried about a potential backlash.

They isolated themselves. Their "feelings" on being isolated are irrelevant. 

They CHOSE not to particpate in prayer when others wanted to. Their isolation is their own fault.

If you dont want to pray dont, but dont condemn or stop those that do.

3 hours ago, ECHS05 said:

If the rest of the players want to do it, and a few other kids dont... Nothing wrong with them simply not participating.

It's a public school and you're forcing school-sanctioned prayer on others.

And you're doing so for no other reason than you're the majority and if they minority doesn't like then so what. You'll do whatever you want.

A school employee holding a prayer is egregiously inappropriate.

Just now, Guccifer said:

And you're doing so for no other reason than you're the majority and if they minority doesn't like then so what. You'll do whatever you want.

How are you forcing it on them? If a student doesnt want to participate in prayer, hes not forced to from what Ive seen.

3 minutes ago, Guccifer said:

Because atheists say so? 

So it's not ok to be publicly religious in school but it's ok to recognize people that cross dress and let them in the opposite locker room or bathroom? 

Shouldn't the same people shutting down the coaches prayer also say that transgender people can not spread their chosen lifestyle on the public? 

5 minutes ago, Nolebull813 said:

So it's not ok to be publicly religious on school but it's ok to recognize people that cross dress and let them in the opposite locker room or bathroom?

Here come the strawmen.

This is what nolebull does when he realizes that he's out of his depth.

Nobody said that a student can't be publicly religious. The head coach can't hold a prayer.

Just now, Guccifer said:

The head coach, the person in charge of your playing time, is conducting a school sanctioned prayer.

I swear some of you clowns have absolutely no life experience outside of your white, christian bubble.

No you are forcing your beliefs on someone by telling them they can't force their beliefs on someone. 

Why is atheist tax dollars more important than Christian tax dollars? If Christians pay tax to fund a school, then why can't their beliefs be incorporated in small ways like a simple coaches prayer? 

Should they separate tax dollars and pass a law that says no Christians tax dollars can go towards a public school that refuses to acknowledge their beliefs in any way? 

7 minutes ago, Nolebull813 said:

Shouldn't the same people shutting down the coaches prayer also say that transgender people can not spread their chosen lifestyle on the public? 

Allowing someone to use a bathroom, in private, is not "spreading their lifestyle" in public.

Both of my positions are defending minority rights.

Both of yours are imposing majority (mob) rule on others.