WHY do you DI boys always brag, brag, brag, about getting to Omaha?

ORabidOne

A fucking blind squirrel should be able to make THAT trip on a yearly basis, no problem! NOW, IF the DI boys hadta qualify and play in the DII format, they'd have it changed the FIRST season! LETS SEE, a DI being ranked, more than likely gets to host a regional! In that regional, they have one half ass decent team from a major conference, one Mid Major or worse team plus a stump jumper as a wildcard! You win three outta four games and you're on to the Supa Regionals, where your team plays the best two outta three, and your ON to Omaha! NOW, THIS is a REAL gauntlet! In order to qualify for one of the TWO regionals in the Southeast in DII! Your team has to be one of the top SIX teams in the entire three conference region of maybe 32! And there are usually no fewer than eight or nine of the top 40, in that area! MAX, only six of those nine could qualify for the Regionals! And if one or more of the upstarts get hot the weekend of the conference tourneys, they get an automatic bid to the Southeast Regional! One season, I saw that happen, and three of the TOP TWENTY FIVE in the country MISSED the regional playoffs! ANYWHO, once there, your team must win against the possibility of five highly ranked teams, to qualify for that trip to the DII College World Series! My alma mater was such a team in 2010, where they were #13, and beat the #3, #4, and #8 teams in the country, just to make that trip to the World Series! And for their transgressions, they drew the #1 team in the nation, California San Diego in the first round! And in the losers bracket, they played #2 Tampa! Then we played 48-4 #7 Southwest Missouri State, and eventual National Champion Southern Indiana, who we split with! We were two 3-2 losses from winning it all, after beating Tampa 2-1, SW Missouri 9-4, and Southern Indiana 3-0!

I'll never forget the call we got from DI Mercer that year! "Coach, this is the head dude fer your neighbors, dem Mercer BARES! It appears that we miscalculated our schedule this season, and can't play your Bobcats in the return visit!" Leaving us high and dry to find a fill in! I GUESS going 0-3 for the past two seasons, was a bit too much for the urge and black!:$

All laughs aside...I actually agree with Rab on this...

(Yes...I'm serious...)

Check out DII's national champion in football (Texas A&M-Commerce Lions ) for example...

This team was Top 3 half the season...Then a midseason slip-up to rival Midwestern State (Wichita Falls, TX if ya wondering) in a 52-47 shootout and a 1- loss team BARELY made the playoffs as 5-seed in a 6-team regional.

Basically they traveled the entire playoffs until the Semi's where they actually got a home game against Harding (Liberal school in Searcy, Arkansas who caught fire as a wildcard basically and was the last team in as a 7th seed because overall top seed got a bye...They started 0-3 and won 10 straight but anyways...) due to Bracket RESEEDING in the Semi's.

Course it didn't help Midwestern State won the Lone Star Conference and finished undefeated (iirc) only to lose in the 2nd round (again).

The point is...2-losses in a season and you are bssically eliminated from a shot at a National Title and end up playing some "bowl game" instead...

DII is a gauntlet...

I can only imagine how the baseball system works...Seesh...