Another Canadian schedule

Nolebull813

38 minutes ago, Nolebull813 said:

COF Academy is a new team in Columbus,OH

The North Bowl is a game against another Canadian team they are affiliated with. 

So they got 

6 Ohio Teams 

2 Pennsylvania teams 

1 Connecticut post grad team

1 Canadian team

IMG Academy 

Very tough schedule for them.

But more importantly, IMG now apparently has powerhouses Middletown, DE and some IMG wannabe “all-star” team hailing from our semi-retarded brother to the icy north.  Not sure what else they have, but no way these kids left their home schools for IMG in order to “eat” and get that “scholly” and end up having to play these slappies.

*Edit* I also see on Maxpreps they have games against COF Academy and “Superior Collegiate”.  Not sure if this is the varsity IMG or their JV team, but if it’s the varsity  IMG then that is pretty bad...

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

Cheshire Academy has some postgrads and also some kids that reclassify after transferring in.

Here's an amusing article about another CT school with "Academy" in the name getting overqualified coaching applicants because people assumed it was a prep-type program:

http://www.norwichbulletin.com/sports/20160426/woodstock-academy-introduces-daryl-daleen-as-football-coach

Athletic director Aaron Patterson found out during the hiring process that it pays to have “Academy” in the school name. He said several collegiate assistants applied for the position, many under the same impression as Daleen.

When Daleen first applied, he envisioned Woodstock Academy was something like Cheshire Academy or Avon-Old Farms; Prep schools that bring in postgraduate football players and are able to go out and recruit to build a program.

“When I first saw his application, I was like, ‘Why is this guy applying? Do I even call him?’” Patterson admitted.

• Like 2