Question

noonereal

17 minutes ago, noonereal said:

If the nut jobs are only 36%  of the country and the conservatives another 10%, why are there so many here, in a high school football forum? 

They don't have jobs and are on the Internet all day.

There are actually stats about this. There are millions of angry white men, out of the work force, who literally sit on the net and play video games all day, as if it were a job.

https://www.npr.org/2016/09/06/492849471/an-economic-mystery-why-are-men-leaving-the-workforce

50 minutes ago, noonereal said:

If the nut jobs are only 36%  of the country and the conservatives another 10%, why are there so many here, in a high school football forum? 

I think football, inherently attracts a more conservative crowd. Even among the players, who at the NFL level are more than 50% minority, there is a disproportionate number of conservatives. Now due to racial animus, many may not like Trump, but they still tend to be more conservative than the general population.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, DarterBlue said:

I think football, inherently attracts a more conservative crowd. Even among the players, who at the NFL level are more than 50% minority, there is a disproportionate number of conservatives. Now due to racial animus, many may not like Trump, but they still tend to be more conservative than the general population.

i think you are correct.

Sucks for us folks in the middle.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, noonereal said:

i think you are correct.

Sucks for us folks in the middle.

It's funny, I fell in love with football more for the athleticism than the hard hitting. I felt and still do, that ways should continue to be explored to make the game safer without making it unattractive to the fan base.

Maybe that's why I am not one of the ultra conservatives.