Interesting Immigration proposal

HSFBfan

15 minutes ago, HSFBfan said:

If that is the route you are going to go, it would be better to have a policy where Green Card holders don't qualify for welfare benefits except for unemployment and SS which they earned from their employment.

To have a situation where you can live here indefinitely but not become a citizen because you took EBT or whatnot does not appeal to me. My first child was born three months before I finished my graduate work and five months total before I got my first paycheck. During that period, my wife took WIC. So under this situation you are telling me neither her not me could become citizens. Never mind that since then the only "unearned benefit" either of us have ever taken was six months unemployment over 33.5 years.  

• Like 1

Just now, Drummer61 said:

Again, not solving the real issue...ILLEGALS    are  ILLEGAL...Should not be here...I have call

yes it is because now if you are an immigrant and accept any kind of benefits they will have your name and you wont get citizenship meaning then you are an illegal. 

1 minute ago, DarterBlue said:

If that is the route you are going to go, it would be better to have a policy where Green Card holders don't qualify for welfare benefits except for unemployment and SS which they earned from their employment.

To have a situation where you can live here indefinitely but not become a citizen because you took EBT or whatnot does not appeal to me. My first child was born three months before I finished my graduate work and five months total before I got my first paycheck. During that period, my wife took WIC. So under this situation you are telling me neither her not me could become citizens. Never mind that since then the only "unearned benefit" either of us have ever taken was six months unemployment over 33.5 years.  

Im not saying its good or bad but it sure is interesting. 

3 minutes ago, DarterBlue said:

Does it mean you would become an illegal or just that you would have a Green Card in perpetuity?

It would have to be determined that I have taken a public benefit. But on the surface it seems like its an interesting proposal and well have to see all details

1 minute ago, HSFBfan said:

Im not saying its good or bad but it sure is interesting. 

I am saying it's a bad policy. Better to restrict certain benefits to citizens than to give them to Green Card holders in exchange for never becoming a citizen. By doing this, it would be an incentive to become a citizen anyway, assuming the USA wants its immigrants to become citizens.

If the county does not, then better to just have temporary guest worker status in perpetuity. Of course, by doing this, you would greatly effect the quality of immigrants that would want to come to the country, as well as their future loyalty to it.

At the end of the day, the USA should figure out whether it wants immigrants and if yes, what kind of immigrants and gear its policy towards that goal.  

3 minutes ago, HSFBfan said:

It would have to be determined that I have taken a public benefit. But on the surface it seems like its an interesting proposal and well have to see all details

But if you took the public benefit legally how could that make you an illegal? If you committed fraud to get the benefit, then sure, fraud is fraud, and I could see that as being grounds to deny citizenship. But if you qualified to take the benefit (my wife taking the WIC for five months to help feed the baby), I don't see how that should affect your citizenship status.

Just now, DarterBlue said:

I am saying it's a bad policy. Better to restrict certain benefits to citizens than to give them to Green Card holders in exchange for never becoming a citizen. By doing this, it would be an incentive to become a citizen anyway, assuming the USA wants its immigrants to become citizens.

If the county does not, then better to just have temporary guest worker status in perpetuity. Of course, by doing this, you would greatly effect the quality of immigrants that would want to come to the country, as well as their future loyalty to it.

At the end of the day, the USA should figure out whether it wants immigrants and if yes, what kind of immigrants and gear its policy towards that goal.  

I dont want to see anymore immigrants come in until our population decreases a ton. Lets take care of the citizens here first and make sure every citizen is taken care first before we let in and have to pay for more people to be here

1 minute ago, DarterBlue said:

But if you took the public benefit legally how could that make you an illegal? If you committed fraud to get the benefit, then sure, fraud is fraud, and I could see that as being grounds to deny citizenship. But if you qualified to take the benefit (my wife taking the WIC for five months to help feed the baby), I don't see how that should affect your citizenship status.

If you take public benefit than your citizenship can be denied. Thats what the initial article is saying. Before we get into crazy can we see how this plays out. 

1 minute ago, HSFBfan said:

If you take public benefit than your citizenship can be denied. Thats what the initial article is saying. Before we get into crazy can we see how this plays out. 

seems to me this would lead to an increase in crime

hungry people don't generally just waste away and die, they do what they need to to eat

5 minutes ago, DarterBlue said:

My guess is that the current administration would want you as an immigrant, based on your intellect exhibited on this board. Unfortunately, I'm not as confident you would be selected if done solely via a photo lineup.

• Haha 1