For My Pal......ECHS05

Rufus69

7 hours ago, Rufus69 said:

Angie Gibbs is returning to the fold.  He's rejoining the Dawgs this weekend.  Things are looking so bright...we gotta wear shades.

Rufus>>

Thats whats up. Ive been wondering when he was coming back. I know he had shoulder surgery, and he hasnt been with the team since before bowl season last year.... I was high on him and have been sweating his return for a while.

With the loss of Divaad Wilson for the season, we need Gibbs back to play the Star/Nickel role. Wilson was going to be a stud there. 

Tyrique McGhee, a junior, is currently pegged as the starter at the nickel/star position... but IMO Gibbs has a higher ceiling there. William Poole, a sophomore, has been practicing there a lot too and played pretty well at GDay.

None of the remaining 2018 signees thatve yet to enroll are slated to play at Star. Nadab Joseph is a safety most likely. Tyson Campbell is a straight up lockdown corner... id love to see Campbell starting opposite Deandre Baker. Reese is a safety. Chris Smith is a corner...and could potentially play at the Star spot, but he needs to add weight. Hes a thin guy.