Louisiana Pre-Season Thread

westbankeagle

2 hours ago, DevilDog said:

Is the gap in La 4A to 5A like TX 5A to 6A.  I thought schools like Neville, Karr and Easton if I am not mistaken are all 4A powers and could hang with the best most years.  And Shaw was a power in 4A for years if I remember.   Are you hitting the BOB again this year.  I haven't been back since Lobo's vs. Byrd and vowed to never go back but intrigued to see Tx Privates in action on the road. 

Neville was actually West Monroe's primary district threat when they were in the feared District 2-5A before people started messing with the districts.

(Back then it was West Monroe, Neville (Now 4A), Ouachita, Ruston, Bastrop (Now 4A))

When they dropped to 4A...It was only a matter of time before they became a 4A Power....Im actually surprised Bastrop hasn't done better although they do have a 4A State Title from the Randall MacKey (QB/ATH for Ole Miss), Rueben Randle (LSU, NFL WR etc) era.  Those were some scary Bastrop teams.

As for the BOB...I'll be there...And will hit up Whataburger or Popeyes behind the stadium....Because I doubt the concessions will be any better (They're volunteers btw).

Unless they suddenly start serving Turkey Legs like the Rangers games (Expensive...but well worth it!)

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Frosty4024 said:

Neville was actually West Monroe's primary district threat when they were in the feared District 2-5A before people started messing with the districts.

(Back then it was West Monroe, Neville (Now 4A), Ouachita, Ruston, Bastrop (Now 4A))

When they dropped to 4A...It was only a matter of time before they became a 4A Power....Im actually surprised Bastrop hasn't done better although they do have a 4A State Title from the Randall MacKey (QB/ATH for Ole Miss), Rueben Randle (LSU, NFL WR etc) era.  Those were some scary Bastrop teams.

As for the BOB...I'll be there...And will hit up Whataburger or Popeyes behind the stadium....Because I doubt the concessions will be any better (They're volunteers btw).

Unless they suddenly start serving Turkey Legs like the Rangers games (Expensive...but well worth it!)

Yeah the Concessions is terrible and they would make a lot of money if it wasnt' for the way they have it.  With so many people coming.  They lose a lot of money with everyone having to leave to eat.  What broke the straw for me was no ice and then they wanted to charge me like 2 dollars for some lady to dig some out of her personal cooler.  The games are good though.  What's funny I remember going to watch ECA and Lobos back In the day at the Same stadium at night and there were some freaking Turkey legs being cooked up.  Hell yeah that is needed.   I might convince Horsefly and TexasBall to come as a Trio for the Saturday games.   No more overnight stays for me.  I should have asked around instead of trying to get close to the Stadium that time I arrived at 2am.   Lurker schooled me on where to stay in the future.  I have seen Neville and WM much respect for those programs and I am a WM fan.  Big time program.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, DevilDog said:

Yeah the Concessions is terrible and they would make a lot of money if it wasnt' for the way they have it.  With so many people coming.  They lose a lot of money with everyone having to leave to eat.  What broke the straw for me was no ice and then they wanted to charge me like 2 dollars for some lady to dig some out of her personal cooler.  The games are good though.  What's funny I remember going to watch ECA and Lobos back In the day at the Same stadium at night and there were some freaking Turkey legs being cooked up.  Hell yeah that is needed.   I might convince Horsefly and TexasBall to come as a Trio for the Saturday games.   No more overnight stays for me.  I should have asked around instead of trying to get close to the Stadium that time I arrived at 2am.   Lurker schooled me on where to stay in the future.  I have seen Neville and WM much respect for those programs and I am a WM fan.  Big time program.

That lady could have gotten booted out the stadium for trying to profit personally off of volunteer time lol.  But they needed the workers so I doubt they wanted to go through all the BS.

I'm probably just gonna pay $10 for a 12-piece and hope the world don't discover the Popeyes like the Grayson fans did.

Good folks (except for the 1 fool that promptly got arrested because he forgot he was at and lost his mind lol).  But it took FOREVA to get my chicken.

Good thing there was a 2-hr break between that game lol.

• Haha 1

How are the West Bank schools (Edna Karr & Landry Walker) gonna be? I interviewed for a position at LW earlier this year but didn't get it. But the coach said that they're going to be pretty talented, more than they normally are.

3 hours ago, DB4 said:

How are the West Bank schools (Edna Karr & Landry Walker) gonna be? I interviewed for a position at LW earlier this year but didn't get it. But the coach said that they're going to be pretty talented, more than they normally are.

Landry Walker had like 35 seniors last year... They got a good RB returning and probably have talent coming up, but its unknown as of right now. Calpreps actually has them 3rd behind Chalmette in district for next year.

But judging based on the past few years, if Landry Walker is indeed more talented than they normally are, that would put them on the IMG academy level.

John Ehret appears stacked and a state title contender btw.

• Thanks 1

One thing about those schools as of late is they have a talent threshold. It seems like bad years they will be very athletic teams regardless. The coaches know how to win. Unless the talent starts to dry up (like that will happen) or coaching staff changes run a team into the ground, you can never really count any of them out. 

3 hours ago, westbankeagle said:

If you want to know about Ehret and Karr, here is the spring game. To me, Ehret looks better, but Karr has the athletes to make some special plays. Both should be pretty solid this fall.

Ehret has better line play...

Karr (with time) made the big plays...Only issue they have are limiting the Turnovers.

10 hours ago, chalmetteowl said:

Landry Walker had like 35 seniors last year... They got a good RB returning and probably have talent coming up, but its unknown as of right now. Calpreps actually has them 3rd behind Chalmette in district for next year.

But judging based on the past few years, if Landry Walker is indeed more talented than they normally are, that would put them on the IMG academy level.

John Ehret appears stacked and a state title contender btw.

John Ehret at West Monroe to open the season  😎

looks like WM is going to make a push to try and get back to the Hoover 7 on 7

5 hours ago, westbankeagle said:

You guy supposedly have a couple kids who can sling it this year, right?

Think we will always be run first, but we should definitely have more of a pass threat than we've had in several years.  Just going to be interesting to see how it develops with Kahmann.  He is a pure pocket passer with a good arm. 

Now the question will be how the coaches chose to play the QB position