Woman describes meeting Trump as "talking to a toddler."

8 hours ago, FolsomPrisonBlues said:

https://www.yahoo.com/news/apos-talking-toddler-apos-not-204207473.html

"Rhonda Hart, whose 14-year-old daughter, Kimberly Vaughan, was killed at the school, told The Associated Press that Trump repeatedly used the word ‘wacky’ to describe the shooter and the trench coat he wore. She said she told Trump, “Maybe if everyone had access to mental health care, we wouldn’t be in the situation.”

Hart, an Army veteran, said she also suggested employing veterans as sentinels in schools. She said Trump responded, “And arm them?” She replied, “No,” but said Trump “kept mentioning” arming classroom teachers. “It was like talking to a toddler,” Hart said."

Waste of a post, nothing to see here. 

I’m still laughing at this ludicrous bit of what passes for news. 

Bahahaha,

C.A.

27 minutes ago, Drummer61 said:

Sounds good, but had we "cruised down the middle" in the Revolutionary War, writing the Constitution, on Slavery, the 14th amendment, WW1 and WW2, things would not be to your liking and you might not be here....Neville Chamberlin wanted to cruise down the middle with Hitler too...Middle ground many times starts a process called ,"errosion" which for me is appeasement.....I never liked tie scores, I like to win flat out...

You make some good points but times have changed.  The flat out winners now are special interests.

1 hour ago, FolsomPrisonBlues said:

What do you guys think of eliminating campaign contributions or limiting to small amount like other countries do?

I think the more we get rid of all the special interest money in politics, the better of us peons will be. 

Thoughts?

Anything that minimizes how our elected officials can be influenced by those that will benefit financially, would help.  This goes for once they are in office as well.  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, FolsomPrisonBlues said:

What do you guys think of eliminating campaign contributions or limiting to small amount like other countries do?

I think the more we get rid of all the special interest money in politics, the better of us peons will be. 

Thoughts?

I could live with that. Problem is that it makes to much sense and you know politicians... 

5 hours ago, Drummer61 said:

Sounds good, but had we "cruised down the middle" in the Revolutionary War, writing the Constitution, on Slavery, the 14th amendment, WW1 and WW2, things would not be to your liking and you might not be here....Neville Chamberlin wanted to cruise down the middle with Hitler too...Middle ground many times starts a process called ,"errosion" which for me is appeasement.....I never liked tie scores, I like to win flat out...

I agree that there are times when a stern attitude needs to be taken.