Charles Krauthammer

DarterBlue

I just read where on Friday of this week, he said his goodbyes to his colleagues and readers as he has inoperable cancer and will probably be gone within the next few weeks. 

Though I was not a believer in his politics, I respected the man for expressing his views in a clear, understandable manner. He was not one to waffle, and his arguments were clear and understandable. 

As he prepares to leave this world I wanted to express my gratitude to him for some interesting insights I gleaned with respect to the conservative mindset. 

Goodbye, sir, you are worth much more than most of the pundits, both right and left, that pollute our airwaves and newspapers. May you rest in peace!

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, DarterBlue said:

I just read where on Friday of this week, he said his goodbyes to his colleagues and readers as he has inoperable cancer and will probably be gone within the next few weeks. 

Though I was not a believer in his politics, I respected the man for expressing his views in a clear, understandable manner. He was not one to waffle, and his arguments were clear and understandable. 

As he prepares to leave this world I wanted to express my gratitude to him for some interesting insights I gleaned with respect to the conservative mindset. 

Goodbye, sir, you are worth much more than most of the pundits, both right and left, that pollute our airwaves and newspapers. May you rest in peace!

Cancer is no joke. Just lost a best friend DD027F74-7A5F-47B2-AC21-DAE601D503C3.jpeg.f0303f5c9ad3740300371dbedc936749.jpeglast month to colon-liver cancer. He was 44 with 2 young daughters. We grew up together and joined Army together. He will be getting his 21 gun salute June 26 at San Joaquin National Cemetery. 

I didn’t agree with a lot of Charles said but like you mentioned. He had a way of getting his point across in a respectful way. 

6 minutes ago, NorCalRuss said:

Cancer is no joke. Just lost a best friend DD027F74-7A5F-47B2-AC21-DAE601D503C3.jpeg.f0303f5c9ad3740300371dbedc936749.jpeglast month to colon-liver cancer. He was 44 with 2 young daughters. We grew up together and joined Army together. He will be getting his 21 gun salute June 26 at San Joaquin National Cemetery. 

I didn’t agree with a lot of Charles said but like you mentioned. He had a way of getting his point across in a respectful way. 

Sorry your best friend passed at such a relatively young age. Life is never to be taken for granted. For we never know when the end is near. I hope his young daughters have good memories of their dad. 

• Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, NorCalRuss said:

I am very sorry about your friend.  Hope the kids were old enough to know they're father before he left.  

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, DarterBlue said:

Sorry your best friend passed at such a relatively young age. Life is never to be taken for granted. For we never know when the end is near. I hope his young daughters have good memories of their dad. 

55 minutes ago, World Citizen said:

I am very sorry about your friend.  Hope the kids were old enough to know they're father before he left.  

They are 7-12 years old. They are returning today from a Camp where other kids just lost a parent. They’re struggling with the loss as expected. Dunno if you ever get over something like this.  Just deal with it. Thanks for kind words. 

2 hours ago, NorCalRuss said:

They are 7-12 years old. They are returning today from a Camp where other kids just lost a parent. They’re struggling with the loss as expected. Dunno if you ever get over something like this.  Just deal with it. Thanks for kind words. 

Amazing thing that there is a camp for such things.  Great idea and a big help in dealing with the loss I'm sure.  Hope the mother has the support as well.  

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Sportsnut said:

I echo that

Did not like his politics but he was a decent man.

The thing is, he gave reasons for his beliefs that were well though out. Not like the Hannity's and Ingram's of the world. He came from a different, more serious, more civil period than where we're at today. 

• Like 2