Highly Recommended Documentary

paladin4ever

Just finished watching “Don’t Quit: The Joe Roth Story” on Amazon. Phenomenal documentary!

Joe Roth was a kid from SoCal that played quarterback for Cal in the mid-1970’s. He had all the tools. Tall, quick release, steady in the pocket, etc. But, most importantly, was the nicest guy to everyone that knew him.  He was a Heisman candidate and was compared in the documentary to Marino and Elway, two guys that would play later on. Unfortunately, while in school, he was diagnosed with melanoma. Heartbreaking yet uplifting story because of how he lived his life. You’ll understand what he meant to others once you watch the documentary and see the people that, 40 years later, testified to his character. Just a great story.

• Thanks 1

On 6/15/2018 at 3:23 PM, paladin4ever said:

Just finished watching “Don’t Quit: The Joe Roth Story” on Amazon. Phenomenal documentary!

Joe Roth was a kid from SoCal that played quarterback for Cal in the mid-1970’s. He had all the tools. Tall, quick release, steady in the pocket, etc. But, most importantly, was the nicest guy to everyone that knew him.  He was a Heisman candidate and was compared in the documentary to Marino and Elway, two guys that would play later on. Unfortunately, while in school, he was diagnosed with melanoma. Heartbreaking yet uplifting story because of how he lived his life. You’ll understand what he meant to others once you watch the documentary and see the people that, 40 years later, testified to his character. Just a great story.

I remember watching Joe at Cal. He was legit. Sad to as to what happened. With today's advancement in treatment he would've have had a much better chance at survival. I will have to check it out. Thanks for posting. 

2 hours ago, 1DayPGA said:

I remember watching Joe at Cal. He was legit. Sad to as to what happened. With today's advancement in treatment he would've have had a much better chance at survival. I will have to check it out. Thanks for posting. 

Sadly probably not.  Immunotherapy is sometimes extending lives, but not curing metastatic melanoma.  Still a devastating disease.

2 hours ago, Bormio said:

Sadly probably not.  Immunotherapy is sometimes extending lives, but not curing metastatic melanoma.  Still a devastating disease.

That's too bad. From what I understand he was diagnosed in hs. and then was cleared to play. The Cancer came back a few yrs. later or perhaps some Cancer cells were missed earlier. Either way very sad story.