Virginia Tech?

Adam Kurkjian

Fellas,

I'm going to be road-tripping to the BC-Virginia Tech game on Nov. 3 to both cover it and bring along some friends who have never been to a college football game before. I was wondering if anyone has been to a game in Blacksburg before and what to do, expect, etc? The guys that I'm going with are all my age (early 40s).

Any and all input welcome. Thanks.

10 hours ago, Adam Kurkjian said:

Fellas,

I'm going to be road-tripping to the BC-Virginia Tech game on Nov. 3 to both cover it and bring along some friends who have never been to a college football game before. I was wondering if anyone has been to a game in Blacksburg before and what to do, expect, etc? The guys that I'm going with are all my age (early 40s).

They say it's a top 10 entrance in college football. VT should win the game 

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Adam Kurkjian said:

Fellas,

VT/Blacksburg may be in Virginia, but it gives off a Kentucky/Tennessee vibe. It’s in legit Appalachia. Hatfield’s vs McCoy’s type stuff. Are you driving or flying?

Do not expect a northern Virginia/DC suburbs/Richmond type of situation. With that being said, it’s perfect for college football. The fans are much more knowledgeable than the east coast prep scene at schools like UNC, Duke, UVA, etc... The campus is really great in fall. It’s academic forte is engineering if any of your buddies are into that stuff. The tailgate scene is fun. Not SEC fun, but your group should enjoy it. If this makes any sense, I’d rank it behind Florida State and Clemson for atmosphere, but way ahead of the remaining ACC members. 

I recommend Rising Silo Brewery. 

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

30 minutes ago, NicholasMalibu said:

VT/Blacksburg may be in Virginia, but it gives off a Kentucky/Tennessee vibe. It’s in legit Appalachia. Hatfield’s vs McCoy’s type stuff. Are you driving or flying?

Do not expect a northern Virginia/DC suburbs/Richmond type of situation. With that being said, it’s perfect for college football. The fans are much more knowledgeable than the east coast prep scene at schools like UNC, Duke, UVA, etc... The campus is really great in fall. It’s academic forte is engineering if any of your buddies are into that stuff. The tailgate scene is fun. Not SEC fun, but your group should enjoy it. If this makes any sense, I’d rank it behind Florida State and Clemson for atmosphere, but way ahead of the remaining ACC members. 

I recommend Rising Silo Brewery. 

This is great, thanks. I'll probably be flying and at least one of my friends will drive.

I've considered going to VT but I wanna go on a Thursday night game. Seems intense on tv. That enter sandman entrance seems crazy. VT should play a SEC school every year home and home. It's close enough. And they play more like an sec school that most other acc schools