Columbiahighfan FL top 50 annoucement

Columbiafan

From the FloridaHSFootball board - the answer is offense. 

Wekiva will win the “on paper” battle all day. Apopka, however, has a proven senior RB and tons of talent in an offense that’s going to average 35-40 a game.

I’d also have Wekiva ahead of Apopka, but it is close enough to warrant some back and forth.

Last time I checked Wekiva did have a D1 caliber QB, RB and WR, so I’d say you have a case!

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, 1MustangW said:

Can you explain your process and how you put these rankings together, and what factors led to Apopka being ranked ahead of Wekiva?

That was one of the toughest decisions when doing my rankings was to put Apopka over Wekiva 

I view both as 2 of the top central Florida teams but despite hearing a lot of hype of wekiva based on defense i have questions about their offense and before putting them in top 10 i want to see them answer a few of those questions but as i said i expect Wekiva to rise in Rankings as season progresses 

As for my process i look at a lot of things to decide on placement

Past results

Overall talent

Returning players

Coaching stability 

Transfers

And even sometimes the eye test

All play factors in where i place teams,  i also ask around from people in different parts of the state and have them review where i place certain teams so i can best adjust where i place teams at and get them the most correct i can for the stage we are in knowing that no games have been played

Once games start being played I begin to put heavy emphasis on quality of wins as well as how a team wins 

Just now, Pipe Dreams said:

From the FloridaHSFootball board - the answer is offense. 

Wekiva will win the “on paper” battle all day. Apopka, however, has a proven senior RB and tons of talent in an offense that’s going to average 35-40 a game.

I’d also have Wekiva ahead of Apopka, but it is close enough to warrant some back and forth.

Yeah pretty much 

The separation between apopka and wekiva wasn't by much and i considered both spots and even considered switching them but after getting some insight into how their offense looked in spring i just am hesitant to put them higher until i see the offense grow 

Simple answer for wekiva to rise is just win and they will have no problem climbing the rankings 

As you can see apopka and wekiva are 11 and 12 in state rankings which shows just how tight i have those 2 at this stage 

4 minutes ago, DarterBlue said:

I like the graphics. Pity the did not work on floridahighschoolfootball.

The weird thing was it worked the first time i was trying them out last week so i expected them to do so but i was testing it a few hours before to make sure and suddenly it wouldn't load 

But it done now 😂