Columbiahighfan FL top 50 annoucement

Columbiafan

Carol City picked up 3 linemen from Doral Academy...   

DT Denzel Daxon - Miami verbal, 6'1"  315 lbs senior  *

DE Samuel Anaele  - Miami verbal, 6'4" 243 lbs junior

OT Wardrick Wilson -  Florida verbal, 6'5" 305 lbs senior  

*  Noticed 17 current verbals in the U's 2019 class, with the last verbal (Jalar Holley,  Buford, GA DT) being the first from out of state.   

• Like 1

2 hours ago, golfaddict1 said:

Carol City picked up 3 linemen from Doral Academy...   

DT Denzel Daxon - Miami verbal, 6'1"  315 lbs senior  *

DE Samuel Anaele  - Miami verbal, 6'4" 243 lbs junior

OT Wardrick Wilson -  Florida verbal, 6'5" 305 lbs senior  

*  Noticed 17 current verbals in the U's 2019 class, with the last verbal (Jalar Holley,  Buford, GA DT) being the first from out of state.   

How recent was this? 

On ‎7‎/‎31‎/‎2018 at 9:44 PM, Columbiafan said:

Starting at 3pm tomorrow i will begin the release of my preseason top 50 for the sunshine state 

If you interested it will be at posted this link starting at 3pm,  if not then oh well but I'm posting this for people interested, if you ain't interested then keep on scrolling 

https://floridahsfootball.com/forums/index.php?/topic/3749-columbiahighfans-preseason-preview-not-fully-released-yet/&tab=comments#

I didn't realize that FLAAAAWDA HAD fifty real football teams?

46 minutes ago, golfaddict1 said:

Just read another fbs recruit left Doral Academy,  so guessing probably all recent.  This WR recruit is now at Miami Jackson.  

https://247sports.com/Player/Brieon-Fuller-88169

Looks like Carol City might make me putting them number 1 in FL look smart later 😂 

What your thoughts on the rankings? 

Lots of thought go into pre-season rankings. I've done a few top 25's in the past. 

Love the graphics and the consistent release without commentary breaks from posters.

If you decide to do this again, it would be cool to throw in some insight into why the team is ranked other than "they bring back a lot", type of comments. Something like, "they have a solid coaching staff in place and bring back 13 starters", or "they slipped to 12 because of coaching changes, and they fell early in the playoffs last season". This would give more value to your rankings. 

I know you put A LOT of effort into this. I know how important it is to you, because you asked for a lot of input from the Florida people. I also know it will change weekly once the teams actually start playing. Keep up the good work, and thank you for all your effort. You did a great job for a rookie. you might earn a starting position before the season is out. 😎

• Like 2

Just now, Cat_Scratch said:

Lots of thought go into pre-season rankings. I've done a few top 25's in the past. 

Love the graphics and the consistent release without commentary breaks from posters.

If you decide to do this again, it would be cool to throw in some insight into why the team is ranked other than "they bring back a lot", type of comments. Something like, "they have a solid coaching staff in place and bring back 13 starters", or "they slipped to 12 because of coaching changes, and they fell early in the playoffs last season". This would give more value to your rankings. 

I know you put A LOT of effort into this. I know how important it is to you, because you asked for a lot of input from the Florida people. I also know it will change weekly once the teams actually start playing. Keep up the good work, and thank you for all your effort. You did a great job for a rookie. you might earn a starting position before the season is out. 😎

Well one of main reasons i tried to keep some short was so i could get them posted in timely manner lol

Plus i wasn't sure how much attention span people would have towards the rankings lol

I was actually surprised i didn't get any response while posting rankings even though i did get quite a few afterwards lol

1 minute ago, Columbiafan said:

Well one of main reasons i tried to keep some short was so i could get them posted in timely manner lol

Smart move...

We like rankings no matter how good or bad they are. Good ones bring out lots of insight, bad ones bring out lots of critics. All in all, it brings football to the board instead of politics.

• Like 1

Just now, Cat_Scratch said:

Smart move...

We like rankings no matter how good or bad they are. Good ones bring out lots of insight, bad ones bring out lots of critics. All in all, it brings football to the board instead of politics.

Considering people aren't putting long negative posts I'm guessing most felt the rankings were right for the most part 

Rankings are never a solved science. 

In reality, team A has an x% chance of beating team B and there is no definite order. With Apopka and Wekiva, that number is most likely between 35-65%. 

Rankings, to me, are a good way to “tier” teams... I never care much about the exact order as long as the correct teams are in the correct tiers. 

Teams in a tier A should be able to beat teams in tier B (a lower tier) about 70-80% of the time.

This list basically has the tiers right so I’m in approval.

Florida has tons of parity in the 20-40 range, and even more in the 41-80 range, and much more parity beyond that (81-200, 201-400 etc).

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Pipe Dreams said:

Rankings are never a solved science. 

In reality, team A has an x% chance of beating team B and there is no definite order. With Apopka and Wekiva, that number is most likely between 35-65%. 

Rankings, to me, are a good way to “tier” teams... I never care much about the exact order as long as the correct teams are in the correct tiers. 

Teams in a tier A should be able to beat teams in tier B (a lower tier) about 70-80% of the time.

This list basically has the tiers right so I’m in approval.

Florida has tons of parity in the 20-40 range, and even more in the 41-80 range, and much more parity beyond that (81-200, 201-400 etc).

I actually have tiers set up as well  I'm just adjusting a few 😂 

But again in preseason it's more on just identifying teams,  things will sort out more once season starts

Btw do you like the graphics?  I'm thinking about doing that moving forward with my rankings each week

Just have to decide if I'm gonna do 25 or 50 during the season and how many honorable mentions each week

On 7/31/2018 at 8:44 PM, Columbiafan said:

Starting at 3pm tomorrow i will begin the release of my preseason top 50 for the sunshine state 

If you interested it will be at posted this link starting at 3pm,  if not then oh well but I'm posting this for people interested, if you ain't interested then keep on scrolling 

https://floridahsfootball.com/forums/index.php?/topic/3749-columbiahighfans-preseason-preview-not-fully-released-yet/&tab=comments#

😎😎😎 coupla boxes of popcorn should do it....

🤣🤣🤣

BGW

• Haha 1

Miami Carol City, Miami Central, St Thomas Aquinas, Cardinal Gibbons, Miami Northwestern, American Heritage Plantation, Chaminade Madonna

Dr Phillips, Dwyer, Lakeland, Apopka,  Wekiva, Armwood

Raines, Miami Southridge, Venice, Cocoa, Palm Beach Central, St Augustine, Sanford Seminole, Deerfield Beach, Osceola, Columbus, Columbia

Plant, Flagler Palm Coast, Trinity Christian, Immokalee, Mainland, University School, Miami Booker T Washington, Atlantic Delray, Viera, Rockledge

Vanguard, Winter Park, Plantation, West Orange, Vero Beach, Crestview, Robert E. Lee, Niceville, Clearwater Central Catholic, Miami Norland

Pahokee, Buchholz, Braden River, Spruce Creek, Godby, Madison County

Tiers based on the rankings 

@Sammyswordsman here some FL tiers for you since you asked a while back 

• Like 1