Fill me in on Imhotep Charter

954gator

21 minutes ago, 954gator said:

Someone from the area or anyone that has seen them play fill us all in on them.   I know the play Dematha next week which should be interesting.   

I’m pretty sure I was watching Imhotep last week,,, ... They got athletes QB can run and throw nice fast physical D

but They only Run out of shotgun formation,... every time qb went under center he fumbled 

special teams was terrible 

• Thanks 1

Charter school in Philadelphia. From my understanding  any student in the city can apply to go there. I’m not sure what the admissions process is. But it is part of the public school system. Have some very talented athletes great size. Not sure what they have returning this year but they are usually in the mix for a championship. Went 13 into last year with their two losses coming to Harrisburg high school and Cathedral prep from Western PA. They’ve had their season end at Cathedral prep the last two years but in 2015 they went 15 and 0 and took the state title.

• Thanks 2

2 hours ago, 954gator said:

Someone from the area or anyone that has seen them play fill us all in on them.   I know the play Dematha next week which should be interesting.   

just what oldballcoach said; they are a charter in the Philly district and can take anyone in there.  a few seasons ago (2016 I think) their offensive line averaged something sick like 6' 5"  307 lbs and all were D1 linemen.  they have a ton of athletes every season but lack discipline so when faced with equal opponent they tend to shit the bed on special teams and shotgun wildcat bullshit.  Check out my list, I have about 6 of their games from the last two seasons and a few others from the last 5 seasons.  They will bring a defense that hits for sure but again a very disciplined offense will get them.  They did have some epic battles up here in PA against Erie Prep, Bethlehem Catholic, and a few others.  They do have some good coaches that come and go but not sure who is still there.  Albie Crosbie took them to another level but he left for somewhere else. 

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, MA Fan said:

DeMatha ended their 37-game basketball winning streak last year so this is sort of a grudge match.

Last year their star running back and Penn State commit got arrested for armed robbery during the playoffs.

yeah that was crazy, the video was fucked up but no doubt it was him.

watched some highlights from last year....they have an all world player....and some good supporting players...a lot team speed....so will be a challenge for SJR.....they beat Lasalle 34-10 on 8/24...not sure if that is a game or a scrimmage and they play Dematha this week.....

@NicholasMalibu

Does Dematha stream games....any insight on Imotep charter.....