Top 4 in NJ face off this weekend !

Kingwill

6 minutes ago, HSFBfan said:

I have BC winning 24-21 and Sjr 17-14

I would be surprised if they held DePaul to 14.. I know they have not played an elite team but they just dominated two BNU non pubs.. maybe I’m wrong but TRob will be the difference here hands down best player on field. DePaul also has the #2 player on field in Hickman. SJR D will have there hands full here just to slow down DePaul. They will need to be able to score and control ball having a good offense would be there best D..

Just now, Mjd33 said:

Can you see depaul holding up in the trenches though? I get the depaul qb/wr combo .... but think depaul could be at a big disadvantage on the lines.

that is where I'm at..SJR wins imo but once again not in pretty fashion. SJR 21-17..the Bergen game has me in quandary..I can see this being a grind it game where 1 team wins by 3 say 24-21 or BC is that good and comes in and whips them 38-10..the fact that Vito claimed he wasn't happy with the 2nd 1/2 performance last week (rightfully so) at least signals to me that the coaching staff realizes they have to keep this team focused and to not believe their own press clippings

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Kingwill said:

I would be surprised if they held DePaul to 14.. I know they have not played an elite team but they just dominated two BNU non pubs.. maybe I’m wrong but TRob will be the difference here hands down best player on field. DePaul also has the #2 player on field in Hickman. SJR D will have there hands full here just to slow down DePaul. They will need to be able to score and control ball having a good offense would be there best D..

Sjr defense is good. I dont think two players will be enough to put up a lot of points on SJR. Sjr had given up 20 and 8 so far this year. Ahp u would believe is better than DePaul. 

7 minutes ago, Hardcore Troubador said:

Bergen-SPP games always seem like wild affairs the past few years.  I know there have been some close ones but lately it seems that they’re either these shootouts or blowouts.

BC - 48-17

man 48-17 down at Caven Point..if that happens or something close to it then unless there is some epiphany on Saturday in Wayne, the betting odds of BC going undefeated in league play would jump dramatically

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Mickeybern said:

man 48-17 down at Caven Point..if that happens or something close to it then unless there is some epiphany on Saturday in Wayne, the betting odds of BC going undefeated in league play would jump dramatically

BC seems very up this year apart from an offensively sluggish second half against ABW.

I’m not convinced SPP has the mental toughness to deal with BC’s D after watching them fold against SJP.  And I think the BC line and LBs will be able to shut down SPPs running game (still very lackluster) and get to Maynor.

1 minute ago, Hardcore Troubador said:

BC seems very up this year apart from an offensively sluggish second half against ABW.

I’m not convinced SPP has the mental toughness to deal with BC’s D after watching them fold against SJP.  And I think the BC line and LBs will be able to shut down SPPs running game (still very lackluster) and get to Maynor.

yeah points well made..I think the BC secondary will be difficult for Maynor and the offense to break. Morant and Gould are more than capable of taking away Chase Jones and Asante..and I agree with you up front the BC front 7 will be whole different animal than the SJP front 7. If SPP, like last year, doesn't have a running game then BC will blitz all day long.

1 hour ago, HSFBfan said:

I have BC winning 24-21 and Sjr 17-14

Auggie wakes the team up...SJR 28 - DPC 10..............BC 35- SPP 17.........

SJR defense is very good and fast....IMC had a superstar player that was held in check...AHP also as well.....SJR O line is back in business....Audric / Powell / Johnson run wild setting up play action for Sharkey and now Grieco at WR....

any DPC peeps know if you guys stream games?

3 minutes ago, SJR89 said:

SJR defense is very good and fast....IMC had a superstar player that was held in check...AHP also as well.....SJR O line is back in business....Audric / Powell / Johnson run wild setting up play action for Sharkey and now Grieco at WR....

I just havent seen the offense break out yet. Can it happen this week sure but I have to see it before I start posting blowout scores 

27 minutes ago, Hardcore Troubador said:

Rich Hansen is taking this game personal! Go to 44min mark and wait for his response.

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, SJR89 said:

I know your a homer but 28-10 ?? Well see about that pretty sure that won’t happen.

DePaul is # 2 team in nj imo..

36 minutes ago, Hardcore Troubador said:

Fold? How did they fold?

Just now, Mickeybern said:

oh absolutely..last year is seared into his memory..especially that fake punt in the 3rd quarter..I'm sure in his mind Nunzio was rubbing it in

BC will get everything SPP has to give. This game will reveal a lot about both teams. I just hate it's being played in JC (parking sucks), because I dont go anywhere that practices putting boots on cars. Lol

• Like 1

Just now, SJR 04 said:

BC will get everything SPP has to give. This game will reveal a lot about both teams. I just hate it's being played in JC (parking sucks), because I dont go anywhere that practices putting boots on cars. Lol

ohh yeah..that is my thinking, SPP will throw everything including the kitchen sink at them..I can't remember who made that comment, was in Langan?  

• Like 2