LSU 22 Auburn 21 Final

RedZone

Just now, HSFBfan said:

Dude come on they are better than 20. They beat LSU and Auburn both top 10 teams so how can LSU be 20th? They were 25th entering the year. 

For starters Miami shouldn't have been top 10

And for me to rank a team in top 10 i need to have a realistic expectation they could potentially contend for a national title and I don't trust LSU to win the games they need to in order to even get in playoffs much less win a championship 

Just now, Columbiafan said:

For starters Miami shouldn't have been top 10

And for me to rank a team in top 10 i need to have a realistic expectation they could potentially contend for a national title and I don't trust LSU to win the games they need to in order to even get in playoffs much less win a championship 

They have all the chance in the world to do it.

Have to play bama tamu  Georgia and miss state still. They win all those games they could go to #1 in the country. Their schedule is a lot better than clemson 

1 minute ago, HSFBfan said:

Have to play bama tamu  Georgia and miss state still. They win all those games they could go to #1 in the country. Their schedule is a lot better than clemson 

If they run that gauntlet, they would be the consensus #1.

That's a tall order for anyone, and highly unlikely. Even if they lose all of those games by a score or less, they would still have an argument to be in the Top 20 or better.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, CCBlackhatter said:

That's a tall order for anyone, and highly unlikely. Even if they lose all of those games by a score or less, they would still have an argument to be in the Top 20 or better.

If they lose to bama and Georgia they should still be top 20 I agree 

If they lose all 4 idk if they stay top 20. Maybe top 25. But I'm rooting for LSU all the way to the bama game

12 minutes ago, CCBlackhatter said:

And if they do it Coach O is coach of the year hands down 

17 minutes ago, HSFBfan said:

With all due respect what in LSU recent history or in particular this team has you convinced that they could actually run the table with those teams

Miami shouldn't have been top 10 and LSU beat auburn last year only to go on to lose at home to Troy 

Just now, HSFBfan said:

If they lose to bama and Georgia they should still be top 20 I agree 

Depending on what State and TAMU do, they could all prove to be Top 15 type teams. The fact they all play each other will most likely keep one of them out of the rankings though while a few teams with weaker schedules will find themselves ranked.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, CCBlackhatter said:

If

they run that gauntlet, they would be the consensus #1.

First word is key word

IF 

I just don't see it

1 minute ago, Columbiafan said:

First word is key word

IF 

I just don't see it

LSU biggest problems will be Georgia and bama. Bama and Georgia can throw the ball. LSU beat Miami because Miami couldn't spread them down the field because the qb is terrible throwing the ball down field. With Auburn they just played amazing. I think Georgia and bama just have too many weapons and will get the better of LSU. LSU beat miss state and tamu

4 minutes ago, CCBlackhatter said:

Depending on what State and TAMU do, they could all prove to be Top 15 type teams. The fact they all play each other will most likely keep one of them out of the rankings though while a few teams with weaker schedules will find themselves ranked.

Tamu is a 4 td underdog to bama this weekend. The same tamu that lost by 2 to clemson. 

5 minutes ago, Columbiafan said:

With all due respect what in LSU recent history or in particular this team has you convinced that they could actually run the table with those teams

Miami shouldn't have been top 10 and LSU beat auburn last year only to go on to lose at home to Troy 

Oh and troy just went on this year to beat Nebraska. Maybe it's time to give troy some respect. 

Nothing has me convinced from years past as they mean nothing. I am watching them this year and the playcalling has been very good. Joe burrow is making perfect throws. They dont lean on just 1 RB. They have multiple RBS to wear you down. This is one of the better LSU teams that I can remember 

10 minutes ago, HSFBfan said:

Oh and troy just went on this year to beat Nebraska. Maybe it's time to give troy some respect. 

Nothing has me convinced from years past as they mean nothing. I am watching them this year and the playcalling has been very good. Joe burrow is making perfect throws. They dont lean on just 1 RB. They have multiple RBS to wear you down. This is one of the better LSU teams that I can remember 

Troy is a good team and is well coached but we have to be honest

LSU at home losing to Troy? 

Please tell me I'm not the only one who sees something off about that,  a SEC powerhouse losing to a sun belt team,  granted Troy is a very damn good sun belt team but regardless LSU shouldn't lose at home like that 

The point wasn't to discredit Troy but what I'm saying is they did beat auburn last year only to struggle down the stretch 

12 minutes ago, HSFBfan said:

When is LSU next big game? I'll tune in and have a look for myself,  maybe they will change my mind on them

I'm a reasonable person and teams have impressed me before when i had low expectations

4 minutes ago, Columbiafan said:

When is LSU next big game? I'll tune in and have a look for myself,  maybe they will change my mind on them

I'm a reasonable person and teams have impressed me before when i had low expectations

Oct 6 vs Florida 

Oct 13 Georgia 

Oct 20 miss state 

Nov 1 alabama 

Nov 24 TAMU

8 minutes ago, Columbiafan said:

Troy is a good team and is well coached but we have to be honest

LSU at home losing to Troy? 

Please tell me I'm not the only one who sees something off about that,  a SEC powerhouse losing to a sun belt team,  granted Troy is a very damn good sun belt team but regardless LSU shouldn't lose at home like that 

The point wasn't to discredit Troy but what I'm saying is they did beat auburn last year only to struggle down the stretch 

NEBRASKA LOST AT HOME TO TROY 

Arkansas lost to north texas 

Great to see that LSU is back.  They're such a good addition to the mix as they are one of those teams who typically gets the huge majority of players in State and Louisiana is absolutely loaded so it's a crime when LSU has issues.  The biggest joke now is the FL teams.  Years of poor coaching  combined with programs around the nation plucking away a huge portion of the talent - same thing happening to the TX schools.  If you made up a team filled with players from FL & TX who go to out of State schools that team would be the best in the nation

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, GrecoRoman said:

Great to see that LSU is back.  They're such a good addition to the mix as they are one of those teams who typically gets the huge majority of players in State and Louisiana is absolutely loaded so it's a crime when LSU has issues.  The biggest joke now is the FL teams.  Years of poor coaching  combined with programs around the nation plucking away a huge portion of the talent - same thing happening to the TX schools.  If you made up a team filled with players from FL & TX who go to out of State schools that team would be the best in the nation

Miami used to corner the market on owning south Florida talent and they won championships 

If these FL schools could actually properly recruit their own state they would dominate 

9 minutes ago, Columbiafan said:

Miami used to corner the market on owning south Florida talent and they won championships 

If these FL schools could actually properly recruit their own state they would dominate 

Yea no doubt there.  I met Jim Tressel after Ohio State upset Miami and asked what he thought the most impt part of the gameplan was and he said "Chris Gamble and Michael Jenkins - 2 FL guys"  lol.  

The next Ohio State game I was at years later I remember the leading tackler for the season was Ryan Shazier and offensive feature player was Carlos Hyde, 

Of course there tons of examples like this I just bring this up because I thought it was funny how Tressel acknowledged it

24 minutes ago, GrecoRoman said:

Plenty of athletes in both Texas and Florida to have multiple good teams.  I agree there is who’s who list of players from both states doing big things across the country.

with the right leadership the Florida schools can turn things around pretty quick 

i think Jimbo was great hire by Texas A&M I could see them contending in few years.

UT has long way to go.  They need to develop and recruit better in the trenches

TCU is always respectable.  Very good coach they just need few more players 

TT - until they decide to put some focus on defense they will stay middle of the pack.

USC and UCLA are not so good either.

16 minutes ago, Columbiafan said:

Jimmy Johnson was notorious for saying "I only need a tank of gas for my recruiting"

A coach told me there was a trip he did where he saw Andre Johnson, Chad Johnson, Santana Moss and someone else I can't remember who was  also a pro bowler by watching 3 games within a few miles of each other wtf ?!?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Texasball said:

Plenty of athletes in both Texas and Florida to have multiple good teams.  I agree there is who’s who list of players from both states doing big things across the country.

with the right leadership the Florida schools can turn things around pretty quick 

i think Jimbo was great hire by Texas A&M I could see them contending in few years.

UT has long way to go.  They need to develop and recruit better in the trenches

TCU is always respectable.  Very good coach they just need few more players 

TT - until they decide to put some focus on defense they will stay middle of the pack.

USC and UCLA are not so good either.

I'm with you A&M - what a great team to follow b/c of the military etc.

True on USC and UCLA but while Cali is great they don't have or bleed the talent like FL and TX.  Last year I watched Ok - Ok St and the huge percentage of guys were from TX.  And people wonder why TX is down - LOL F U to those people.  TX is never down - they simply supply the damn Big 12

9 minutes ago, Texasball said:

I agree and in their hay day they had outstanding oos players too.

I remember a time when Miami, UF & FSU were all in the top 10 with easily over 80%  of starters being from FL (not the QB and kicker I bet lol)  Same goes for TX - but of course they could also get a QB and kicker in state and the QB would most likely be a future pro bowler !

These are the only 2 states who could do this - period (Cali close as well - I would they say he could have 2 top teams)