SJR vs BC / SPP vs DB under hyped weekend

SJR89

It seems this weekend of SJR vs BC and SPP vs DB is so under-hyped.....could be two epic games......not sure how to read SPP at this point....did they get trapped by DPC looking ahead at this game?  did Bosco max out for BC......what say you all....i am thinking SPP rebounds   21- 20 in last drive winning game......

20 minutes ago, SJR89 said:

It seems this weekend of SJR vs BC and SPP vs DB is so under-hyped.....could be two epic games......not sure how to read SPP at this point....did they get trapped by DPC looking ahead at this game?  did Bosco max out for BC......what say you all....i am thinking SPP rebounds   21- 20 in last drive winning game......

Spp by 2 TDs. 

14 minutes ago, HSFBfan said:

BC/SJR should be hyped. That game should be a war. 

agreed....a ton of alumni will be there as well.....field being dedicated to TK....gonna be awesome............

..ever since Bergen record sold to Gannet USA today...the paper just sucks....awesome sports page is a shell of it self...

Just now, SJR89 said:

agreed....a ton of alumni will be there as well.....field being dedicated to TK....gonna be awesome............

..ever since Bergen record sold to Gannet USA today...the paper just sucks....awesome sports page is a shell of it self...

Yeah it's not a good paper or sports section 

Both fan bases should be rocking. Idk where they do tailgating but the party should be fun. I really wish it was tonight. I hate Saturday HS football games 

The sport gurus at NJ.com disagree......

Don Bosco gets first signature victory in coach Mike Teel's tenure

The unpredictability of the SFC United Red Division or “Big Six” is back once again. We’ve already seen New Jersey’s No. 1-ranked team lose twice this season. One of the key divisional games this week is Friday night when No. 3 St. Peter’s travels to Ramsey to take on No. 9 Don Bosco. The Don Bosco defense has looked great this season, but the offense has stalled at points. That can not happen Friday night, and we are predicting it won’t. We think Don Bosco uses some creative play-calling to free up running backs Jalen Berger and Kyle Monangai just enough to sneak out a victory and hand St. Peter’s Prep its second loss in a row. If Don Bosco wins, it will be coach Mike Teel’s first victory against a divisional opponent.

38 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

The gurus aren't privy to what you and I know. I'd be shocked if DBP wins this game. I'll be rooting for them, though. 

I think the defense is coming into its own (vs the play at Gonzaga) and they are figuring out how to use Berger and Kyle M.(who is overshadowed and would start on most teams).

11 minutes ago, Ernie Keebler said:

Is that Greco in the background? He’s gonna need to put on a lot of size to play safety in the big 10 from that picture he looks maybe 170

have you seen him play in person....kid is fast...smart and nasty....he should get to 220 and be good in college....

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Zipcep said:

Marine corp = no...Annapolis = yes

Army = no....West Point = yes

see the pattern here

When you go to Annapolis you can decide navy path or Marine corps as an officer in the respective branches. So what I said is entirely correct. They will be Marines Midshipmen or Soldiers not as enlisted men but as Officers 

53 minutes ago, SJR89 said:

have you seen him play in person....kid is fast...smart and nasty....he should get to 220 and be good in college....

Didn’t say anything of the nature that he couldn’t play. I said he looks like a string bean and he’s gonna have to put on a lot of size. Yes he is a good high school player right now. Don’t believe his frame will hold 220

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Ernie Keebler said:

247 has him listed as having West Virginia Virginia Army to name a few. I’m guessing those offers closed up since he committed to Rutgers 🤔

Or he wants to stay home. It's not like wVU and UVA are around the corner. They are pretty far trips. And not everyone is cut out for the military lifestyle. 

2 minutes ago, Ernie Keebler said:

You have a lot to learn son. Virginia academics are second to none 

I'm talking football. From a football perspective that offer is very easy to turn down since they stink. A buddy of mine played baseball for UVA that makes sense. They are a top 5 program in baseball. I dont talk education on this forum. This is a football forum 

If anything west point academics beat them all but he turned that down as well. 

• Like 1