CUT That Hair......

Troll

4 hours ago, DarterBlue said:

Interesting that the guy committing the infraction also seems to be wearing dreads. Do unto others? 

yes the first thing I noticed....seemingly a reasonable length tho,  and not the kind of length you could tuck in the crack of your ass...

But Have they changed the rules? (not like the NFL wouldn't to placate) but I do not see any INFRACTION here at all....

Perfectly legal tackle,  no?

That's why I asked, if you are going to carry the ball, shouldn't you at least tuck it? 

1 hour ago, Troll said:

yes the first thing I noticed....seemingly a reasonable length tho,  and not the kind of length you could tuck in the crack of your ass...

But Have they changed the rules? (not like the NFL wouldn't to placate) but I do not see any INFRACTION here at all....

Perfectly legal tackle,  no?

That's why I asked, if you are going to carry the ball, shouldn't you at least tuck it? 

I guess you are right given the video posted by SOC. But to me, this seems like it would have the same potential effect as a horse collar and if dreads or long hair in general are allowed should be an infraction from a safety point of view.

With that said, I would probably want to rule that high hair should not be so long as to protrude from your helmet. Wear the long hair in the off season if you want, but cut it for your own protection during the season. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Sportsnut said:

Who are you to decide what is reasonable?

taking offense to the term?   I have no issue with long hair, but in a competitive sport where you are adding another 'handle' for your opponent to beat you with, at some point 'reason' must enter the equation regardless of vanity....

guess you missed all the repetitious 'tuck it in' comments....he certainly has a right to grow it, but should he be playing football with it exposed like that for the opponent....

and yes the tacklers hair is more reasonable in that regard.

Don't try to pretend that I am judging the mans ego... 

7 minutes ago, DarterBlue said:

I guess you are right given the video posted by SOC. But to me, this seems like it would have the same potential effect as a horse collar and if dreads or long hair in general are allowed should be an infraction from a safety point of view.<<<definitely agree...That's why I posted it...

With that said, I would probably want to rule that high should not be so long as to protrude from your helmet. Wear the long hair in the off season if you want, but cut it for your own protection during the season. 

Of all the rules the NFL scrambles (many in the name of player safety) this one gets ONE BIG LOOK AWAY...…

But NFL management has been catering to their players so.....

wouldn't want any like sportsnut to take offense because the dude has dreads or anything...not like it wasn't started by a couple of long haired white Sampsons that wanted everyone to be able to pick them from the crowd on the field....

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Sportsnut said:

The question remains

Who are you to decide what is reasonable length for an individuals hair?

Has nothing to do with the mans ego.

It is not in question but your propensity for telling others they have to abide by the specifics you decide is absurd. 

Don't try to deflect.

Who are you to decide what the limit or standard should be?

Since you are redundant,  I'll rephrase...

It is not 'I' who decides what is reasonable, but the sport or activity that any athlete is involved in...

When you wrestle, you must keep your nails trimmed or be DQ'ed, when you Surf I would seriously advise you not to wear metal jewelry...etc.etc.

You look way too hard to assign guilt thru your own failings.....none there, just your own failings.

and BTW: a  man's grooming habits can easily be tied to ego......

1 hour ago, Sportsnut said:

Why should they not cater to the players.

Without them, there is no product.

Here in the real world, catering to the 'product' and not the 'customers'.....

usually results in something like this....

Kinda looks like the 'NFL product' we have now...……..

Doesn't it...

4 hours ago, SOCIntellectualProperty said:

That hair tackle looks dangerous.  The NFL should penalize it, or mandate that players have to tuck their hair or dread locks in.  Someone will seriously get hurt.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, DarterBlue said:

I guess you are right given the video posted by SOC. But to me, this seems like it would have the same potential effect as a horse collar and if dreads or long hair in general are allowed should be an infraction from a safety point of view.

With that said, I would probably want to rule that high hair should not be so long as to protrude from your helmet. Wear the long hair in the off season if you want, but cut it for your own protection during the season. 

The NFL should do something before someone gets seriously hurt.

4 hours ago, Troll said:

taking offense to the term?   I have no issue with long hair, but in a competitive sport where you are adding another 'handle' for your opponent to beat you with, at some point 'reason' must enter the equation regardless of vanity....

guess you missed all the repetitious 'tuck it in' comments....he certainly has a right to grow it, but should he be playing football with it exposed like that for the opponent....

and yes the tacklers hair is more reasonable in that regard.

Don't try to pretend that I am judging the mans ego... 

Over the years I have seen many tackles made and drives stalled by pulling on a players jersey and now their hair .  If I was a NFL coach, I would make the team wear tear-away jerseys and have them tuck in their long hair.  It would give the team a competitive advantage.

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Sportsnut said:

The NFL has no mandatory rule regarding hair length.<<<you are starting to catch on...you think they should?

That is a moot point.<<NO actually it IS the point...

HS wrestling? Several Kids I helped coach are at Rutgers right now and while you may thrash RU's Football team, you will have a much harder time trying to degrade a top ten NCAA program...

These are adults in a grown man's profession.<<so when are they going to start ACTING LIKE IT???

still floundering I see...

9 hours ago, Drummer61 said:

Dick Butkus, LT, Brian Earlacher all had shot hair...Girls have long hair and men should not...

short hair does not make the man though...

LT was not the role model of any sort, short hair or not...…. being the wild man coked up character he was.....

as stated in a previous thread, see Howard Cross from that team if you are looking for a role model 

20 hours ago, Drummer61 said:

Dick Butkus, LT, Brian Earlacher all had shot hair...Girls have long hair and men should not...

See Your Jesus and his long stringy stinking hair.  See how it works in reverse.  I despise him as much as you do dreadheads. 

It seems to work for Marshawn Lynch and Larry Fitzgerald.  

Yet you worship what you say should not exist.  Hypocrite

How did this work out?

main-qimg-d63e43de451b10ba2469476c3dae8ba5-c.jpeg

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, DarterBlue said:

Rasta Vibrations!!

Numbers 6:25

“All the days of his vow of separation, no razor shall touch his head. Until the time is completed for which he separates himself to the Lord, he shall be holy. He shall let the locks of hair of his head grow long.

judges 16:13

Then Delilah said to Samson, “Until now you have mocked me and told me lies. Tell me how you might be bound.” And he said to her, “If you weave the seven locks of my head with the web and fasten it tight with the pin, then I shall become weak and be like any other man.”

Translated Sampson had Bomba dreads. 😎

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DevilDog said:

Translated Sampson had Bomba dreads. 😎

Many religions have incorporated stories to espouse the merits of certain grooming styles....

Some of this is born of out situational health needs of the masses...

Not a bad thing actually, but how you determine which grooming style is right for you, as depending on how your God wishes you to be or appear, can always be manipulated by man....or man's religious architecture.

Personal choice, based on whatever guidance one may follow, can be easily seen for what it is....a personal one...whether following a religious edict or not...