High School Football Playoffs Will Always Rule Over Meaningless High School OOS games....

RedZone

23 minutes ago, Texasball said:

For the most part I can agree on everything - except effort.  Are you saying teams do not give the same effort when playing OOS?  So is this becoming your new excuse for Louisiana teams getting beat in OOS games?

The battle of the boarder games have very poor atmosphere vs games even in Louisiana that are played on campus.  Ruston and Longview had pretty good atmosphere with the home team having good attendance and Longview had good following.

There is nothing like playoff football especially in the later rounds.

You can talk this OOS game or that OOS game and that"s cool. If people don't have a "team" in the playoffs I guess it's all they have and they can run with it 10 months. 

You say myth polls are bogus...

23 minutes ago, Texasball said:

For the most part I can agree on everything - except effort.  Are you saying teams do not give the same effort when playing OOS?  So is this becoming your new excuse for Louisiana teams getting beat in OOS games?

The battle of the boarder games have very poor atmosphere vs games even in Louisiana that are played on campus.  Ruston and Longview had pretty good atmosphere with the home team having good attendance and Longview had good following.

You can talk this OOS game or that OOS game and that"s cool. If people don't have a "team" in the playoffs I guess it's all they have and they can run with it 10 months. 

8 minutes ago, RedZone said:

The polls are bogus...Actual games are not bogus.  I don't believe teams give less effort in big OOS games.  I agree that there are plenty of OOS games lacking in attendance.  The battle of the boarder is really cool, but Louisiana football fans obviously have better things to do.

That same concept played in Dallas would be much better.   

I wish we had something like this early in the season played at the indoor stadium stadium in Frisco.  That way teams and fans wouldn't have to worry about the heat.  

4 hours ago, RedZone said:

Says a lot really...sorta sad.

You a MD fan? I don't remember that thread truthfully.

I was a MD fan years ago but as the recruiting thing took over it diminished. The thread was just after the game in late September. ( MD Img Game Analysis ).

I don't really disagree with you about the sad part as the state championships should be what its all about... but the fact is the hs game and how we perceive it is changing with the social media dominated times. Years ago St. Aug, Edna Carr or West Monroe would not have been of interest to anyone outside of La. but now if Landry Walker were to play Chicago Phillips for example, it's going to get attention.

46 minutes ago, Gospeeder said:

I was a MD fan years ago but as the recruiting thing took over it diminished. The thread was just after the game in late September. ( MD Img Game Analysis ).

I don't really disagree with you about the sad part as the state championships should be what its all about... but the fact is the hs game and how we perceive it is changing with the social media dominated times. Years ago St. Aug, Edna Carr or West Monroe would not have been of interest to anyone outside of La. but now if Landry Walker were to play Chicago Phillips for example, it's going to get attention.

I'm burned out on the OOS thing.

The complete lies, spin, homerism, bullshit threads and etc will never replace the high school football playoffs. Teams are normally playing their best football at the end of the year to boot.

• Thanks 1
  • Like 2