High School Football Playoffs Will Always Rule Over Meaningless High School OOS games....

RedZone

1 hour ago, Ararar said:

I would agree in most cases but games like MD vs IMG and DLS vs ET which draw huge crowds absolutely have a playoff atmosphere and incredible effort.

True on crowds, but the impact is much different.  In hindsight ET doesn’t give a damn about that DLS game in comparison to losing in the playoffs.  

However, their PO game vs SLC in ‘06 will go down in the history books for both the crowd size and the game implications.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RedZone said:

IMG may have brought 15 people to CA....

DLS may have brought 200 people to TX....

And, using Louisiana as an example. The "effort" is much greater playing for a shot at going to the Superdome and playing in front of 20,000 to 25,000 people, and state championship trophy. 

😂 so what there were 12-15 thousand people at each game.Besides Texas how many playoff games draw that?

MD and IMG were playing for a shot at the MNC and ET was playing a pre season #1 from California,I guarantee you the effort was extremely high 

Just now, Horsefly said:

True on crowds, but the impact is much different.  In hindsight ET doesn’t give a damn about that DLS game in comparison to losing in the playoffs.  

However, their PO game vs SLC in ‘06 will go down in the history books for both the crowd size and the game implications.  

Of course but that wasn’t the the OP statement.He said crowd,atmosphere and effort not what meant the most

39 minutes ago, Ararar said:

😂 so what there were 12-15 thousand people at each game.

I doubt that...

Anyways, when you have 4,000 to 5,000 fans cheering you on in the playoffs you put out a lot more effort/heart and the noise probably sounds like 20,000 were there.....even 3,000 fanatics on each side make quite a bit of noise as they are super pumped during the playoffs. You don't get that magic from an IMG game or etc...........might have a bunch of people there looking at the "stars" who could care less truly..

Man, when Jesuit beat Curtis for the D1 Title a couple years ago sounded like the Saints were playing in the Dome. Of course, Jesuit had about 20,000 in the Superdome by themselves. 

52 minutes ago, RedZone said:

I doubt that...

Anyways, when you have 4,000 to 5,000 fans cheering you on in the playoffs you put out a lot more effort/heart and the noise probably sounds like 20,000 were there.....even 3,000 fanatics on each side make quite a bit of noise as they are super pumped during the playoffs. You don't get that magic from an IMG game or etc...........might have a bunch of people there looking at the "stars" who could care less truly..

Man, when Jesuit beat Curtis for the D1 Title a couple years ago sounded like the Saints were playing in the Dome. Of course, Jesuit had about 20,000 in the Superdome by themselves. 

You can doubt all you want but the facts are the facts.ET coach commented on the playoff atmosphere for the DLS game and any one who was at the MD vs IMG game became invested in the outcome because of the intensity of the action on the field.

like I said for the most part I agree with you but there are special OOS games that match any playoff atmosphere.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, RedZone said:

IMG may have brought 15 people to CA....

DLS may have brought 200 people to TX....

And, using Louisiana as an example. The "effort" is much greater playing for a shot at going to the Superdome and playing in front of 20,000 to 25,000 people, and state championship trophy. 

Ararar nailed it...

IMG MD was one of the most intense games I have attended. ( refer to my thread on the game ) IMG brought quite a few more than 15 people as their fans completely filled the visitors side to the point of standing room only. They were a class bunch and were quite interesting for Steeler and myself to interact with. Of all the CIF finals I have attended, none have matched this game. The experience somewhat changed my attitude about watching super teams from across the country facing each other. 

• Thanks 1
  • Like 2

First off Cajun only thinks this because Lousiana sucks big donkey balls at OOS games. Look no further than the annual clubbings Texas teams put on top LA teams. Sprinkle in panhandle Florida giving New Orleans the daily ass stompings it becomes clear that regular season football in Lousiana isn't very good. 

Second. No fucking shit the playoffs are more meaningful than the regular season oos games. By definition the playoffs are more meaningful. OOS games are exhibition games that have no effect on a state championship. 

OOS games are cool for the teams, and an added bonus for HSFB junkies that get to watch high level football from all over the country. And it makes for good conversation throughout the season to compare teams and states for fun. 

Rummell got skull dented by Escambia this year and all of a sudden OOS games are meaningless. Lmao.  

This could have been posted anonymously and I would have known exactly who wrote it 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 11/13/2018 at 9:53 AM, RedZone said:

Much Better  crowds, atmosphere, excitement, effort and just everything. Not even close truthfully.

It is written!

5751834f1bf20.image.jpg

For the most part I can agree on everything - except effort.  Are you saying teams do not give the same effort when playing OOS?  So is this becoming your new excuse for Louisiana teams getting beat in OOS games?

The battle of the boarder games have very poor atmosphere vs games even in Louisiana that are played on campus.  Ruston and Longview had pretty good atmosphere with the home team having good attendance and Longview had good following.

2 hours ago, RedZone said:

Which has what to do with playoff football and playing for a state championship.

That game had well over 30K and the atmosphere was equal to state championship.   Had this game been played at Cowboys stadium it would have drawn attendance of our state games in my opinion.  

This is just one game.  I have not seen this happen since.  Not even Trinity vs DLS -  #1 the stadium was smaller and # 2 I believe there was still places to sit on the DLS side.  All in all the the atmosphere was very good and both teams played extremely hard.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Ararar said:

Of course but that wasn’t the the OP statement.He said crowd,atmosphere and effort not what meant the most

That DLS vs ET game had a playoff atmosphere it was hyped like a playoff during the off-season. Cali vs TX big boys.  Legendary named brand programs.. It was hype.  I was at old Tx stadium back when Evangel was a beast and watched them play Abilene same atmosphere.  You can't compare any OOS games to Texas Playoffs hell 3A draws 15k.  But it damn sure was hyped and a great game didn't hurt it.  Same with SLC vs. MNW.  If SJB vs Allen in Texas would be standing room only.

Again no one does the playoffs like us over 250k fans for 3 days of SC football.  

But those OOS games here have been nuts too with big on big.  Allen vs. Dutch Fork felt the same.  

3 minutes ago, Texasball said:

Send the best to Texas and we will give you fans, atmosphere, and effort.  

I even remember lil Douglass Oklahoma brining a big crowd to the death star in the old Herbstreit serious for a Desoto beat down.  Remember Trinity vs. Shiloh the pregame hype at the Death Star with the Shiloh entrances.  ET damn sure puts out effort.