Texas High School Team getting 70 million dollar stadium

HawgGoneIt

This place just cracked me up when I went to my kids freshman game in 2009. A 2a school on the other side across Lake Travis. It only has 2 rows of bleachers YES 2 rows right behind the visitors bench. So close you I heard our coach get the ref to kick out the dumb ass grown men running the 1st down markers who where telling what play was coming and cursing all night ...... http://www.texasbob.com/stadium/stadium.php?id=12

Just some info about the new stadium being built for Katy ISD. It's about a block down the street from me. It has 3 elevators. 2 on the home side and one on the visitors. One elevator on each side is for taking the handicapped up top to view the game. The field has just been put down. The scoreboard/video replay is going up now, it looks huge. It has 2 additional bathrooms behind the scoreboard for the bands,,, with a band plaza between them. The 2 story field house/event center looks enormous and they are building it out complete, that's part of the cost increase. Actually the facility itself is 58 million. But the 2nd story build out plus some underground electrical work linking Rhodes with the new stadium and the the roadwork around the the stadiums, extra lanes, turning lanes, etc bring the grand total up over 70 million. Most of the extra cost is the roadwork. They have all the roads tore up around here right now. It is being built with not just football in mind. It will be a great host for band competitions, having 2 stadiums there. They originally wanted 14,000 seats. That many seats were not needed, but they would have been able to host regional 6a playoff games and over time the extra seats would have payed for themselves. That was shot down by the voters. And it is being built with concrete which is more expensive but more solid and durable over time. Yes I think they went overboard but it's done. Each year concrete is more expensive. The stadium Allen has,,,,if it were built today would cost who knows how much. By the way I believe Cy Fair ISD has not 1 but 2 new high schools. That would make 12 for them. I'm not sure if both of them will be ready for next year. Katy ISD should be fine with 2 stadiums for years to come but don't be surprised if Cy Fair builds another. And don't be surprised if the price tag on McKinney's new stadium rises before it is finished. 

• Like 2