NorCal Report, week of 11/26/18

Cal 14

12 hours ago, ThunderRam said:

Totally agree. And I'm glad I convinced him to do more work by including the CS. 😋

Cal14 has always been one of my favorite posters going back to the NorCal and SoCal boards a decade ago. It's always fun sharing opinions with him. Dude knows his stuff. And sees a lot of different teams play.

He's ayyite. 

• Haha 2

On 11/29/2018 at 1:35 PM, Ararar said:

Such a shame things ended this way

A4E8B4D3-50D6-4E2C-93AC-923F40282619.jpeg

The NCS said that 14 of the 16 teams have elected to play out their section finals.  Cardinal Newman was the only school to (so far) publicly state that they want to do a coin flip.

I say that if a team has elected not to take a chance at a NorCal/CIF championship and they are opposing one that does in a final, they should just step aside and let that other team advance.  Even if their desire was to physically play for a section title, they wouldn't be allowed to do that anyway.  The NCS has stated that the coin flips would not determine a division champion, just which team would advance to a NorCal regional.

31 minutes ago, Cal 14 said:

The NCS said that 14 of the 16 teams have elected to play out their section finals.  Cardinal Newman was the only school to (so far) publicly state that they want to do a coin flip.

I say that if a team has elected not to take a chance at a NorCal/CIF championship and they are opposing one that does in a final, they should just step aside and let that other team advance.  Even if their desire was to physically play for a section title, they wouldn't be allowed to do that anyway.  The NCS has stated that the coin flips would not determine a division champion, just which team would advance to a NorCal regional.

I agree but I don’t think they will penalize a team because of their vote so someone will probably make a SBG that had no interest in playing in it

19 minutes ago, Ararar said:

I agree but I don’t think they will penalize a team because of their vote so someone will probably make a SBG that had no interest in playing in it

It's not a penalty to take something away from someone that they didn't want to pursue in the first place.