Excuse Thread - post Geico

Sammyswordsman

2 hours ago, Sammyswordsman said:

Agreed Pops.  The DLS v Trinity game is a Tier 1 dishonestly portrayed game.  Don’t know if any other game that would be with it on Tier 1.

Gave it a thanks 

could have liked 

also could have laughed (Tier 1 of Dishonest Portrayals)

very well rounded 

• Haha 1

RedZone
   1 hour ago,  Pops said: 

I’m sorry can you explain again why evangel was really supposed to be better 

Maybe because their 5* QB was supposed to be on the field instead of enrolling early at the USC Trojans.

Maybe because the back up QB (Memphis commit) was ruled ineligible by the LHSAA.

Maybe because they had to teach a 5-10 175 lb WR how to play QB that year. Tough system to learn and impossible really if you don't have the tools.

Evangel lost that game 27-10 and you make a huge deal about it every year 

On 12/23/2018 at 3:01 PM, StingMan44 said:

No excuses from Centennial! They dominated us up front (their front 7 was amazing). Hats off to them!  

They did however leave our locker room trashed, so can’t say much for their character and leadership.

It just seemed Centennial hasn't faced a D like that all season. I thought they would win entering the game after i watched them body bag ND

7 hours ago, Sammyswordsman said:
RedZone
   1 hour ago,  Pops said: 

I’m sorry can you explain again why evangel was really supposed to be better 

Maybe because their 5* QB was supposed to be on the field instead of enrolling early at the USC Trojans.

Maybe because the back up QB (Memphis commit) was ruled ineligible by the LHSAA.

Maybe because they had to teach a 5-10 175 lb WR how to play QB that year. Tough system to learn and impossible really if you don't have the tools.

Evangel lost that game 27-10 and you make a huge deal about it every year 

And a new coach. Duron's first year.

49 minutes ago, bigrobstercraws said:

It just seemed Centennial hasn't faced a D like that all season. I thought they would win entering the game after i watched them body bag ND

It was a reality check...IMO it told me that we can play with those nationally elite D1 stacked teams when we have a long time to prepare for them and they arent as worried/concentrated on that one game as we are (like Week 2 of the season type games)....but we just dont have the ELITE talent to really go toe to toe when the stacked teams are just as focused on us as we are on them. 

We may not be nationally ELITE but I believe being nationally relevant without having multiple Power 5 recruits on a yearly basis is a huge accomplishment in itself. We are 161-18 with 7 state titles and 11 title game appearances since 2006 and that’s impressive for any team in any state.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, StingMan44 said:

It was a reality check...IMO it told me that we can play with those nationally elite D1 stacked teams when we have a long time to prepare for them and they arent as worried/concentrated on that one game as we are (like Week 2 of the season type games)....but we just dont have the ELITE talent to really go toe to toe when the stacked teams are just as focused on us as we are on them. 

We may not be nationally ELITE but I believe being nationally relevant without having multiple Power 5 recruits on a yearly basis is a huge accomplishment in itself. We are 161-18 with 7 state titles and 11 title game appearances since 2006 and that’s impressive for any team in any state.

I'm from OC, but I live in AZ now. Your program was one of the first I heard about here when I moved. I think you guys had an RB last year go to SDSU, Zidane Thomas. That guy is a beast. You guys would have had better rushing stats that game with him

• Like 1