Excuse Thread - post Geico

Sammyswordsman

Texasball

• Advanced Member
  •  
  • Texasball
  • Members
  • 3,824 posts

it was confirmed to be last night that Allen played vs Duncanville without 2 starting OL.  

According to some coaches this is what beat Allen.  They said there OL when altogether was real difference maker.

IMHO When healthy Allen was easily as good if not better than Duncanville.

i understand why most of us like to hate Allen.  I am just calling it like I see it.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, StingMan44 said:

No excuses from Centennial! They dominated us up front (their front 7 was amazing). Hats off to them!  

They did however leave our locker room trashed, so can’t say much for their character and leadership.

Sad to hear about the locker room, but what would you expect from a bunch of mostly Sophs and Juniors.  If they come to Ca. next year, we'll be on the look out.

1 minute ago, Sammyswordsman said:

Sad to hear about the locker room, but what would you expect from a bunch of mostly Sophs and Juniors.  If they come to Ca. next year, we'll be on the look out.

Dont care if they were all freshman. We had multiple trash cans in the locker room. It’s on the coaches to hold them accountable and make them leave it how they found it. Character starts at the top of any organization.

• Thanks 1
  • Like 5

19 minutes ago, Sammyswordsman said:

Texasball

• Advanced Member
  •  
  • Texasball
  • Members
  • 3,824 posts

it was confirmed to be last night that Allen played vs Duncanville without 2 starting OL.  

According to some coaches this is what beat Allen.  They said there OL when altogether was real difference maker.

IMHO When healthy Allen was easily as good if not better than Duncanville.

i understand why most of us like to hate Allen.  I am just calling it like I see it.

“Some coaches” but no word who these coaches are. 

Could be a Coach here on this esteemed forum, could be the unemployment line for these loquacious coaches. 

Could be... some more of Sammy’s bullshit. 

But, Sammy’s a good shit Consuela says.... “Sammy es una buena mierda”

Regards,

BGW

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, LiberalDonaldTrump said:

Hey , to Defend south Ga

The Refs Tried as much  as they Can Legally Do To Help  

but shit even Vsin Ga”s best team and surviveing the wildernesses to get that the place they call SoWEGa, and even having to to play against Georgia Refs

Bravo SFA Bravo 

C0C418C5-4527-4623-8585-8AF67682A87E.gif

BF4955BB-42BD-4BBD-BF42-C92EF74C3748.jpeg

The shit you come up with, clearly there’s not enough overtime for your busy ass. 

LOL

Certified Asshole 

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, LiberalDonaldTrump said:

Hey , to Defend south Ga

The Refs Tried as much  as they Can Legally Do To Help  

but shit even Vsin Ga”s best team and surviveing the wildernesses to get that the place they call SoWEGa, and even having to to play against Georgia Refs

Bravo SFA Bravo 

C0C418C5-4527-4623-8585-8AF67682A87E.gif

BF4955BB-42BD-4BBD-BF42-C92EF74C3748.jpeg

You forgot that pesky side line penalty against SFA help.

Image result for football referees running into gif

• Haha 2

57 minutes ago, maxchoboian said:

@AztecPadre, I got you covered...

image.png.c4690a853651f99ff8ffb5f38b4483fa.png

That’s a bit unfair 

that’s from a thread where socal guys and TX guys are arguing about MNC 

and TX guys can’t stop talking about DLS/ Trinity 

there will apparently be a new wing of the TX hsfb HOF dedicated to that game, TX’s greatest achievement since the Alamo 

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Pops said:

That’s a bit unfair 

that’s from a thread where socal guys and TX guys are arguing about MNC 

and TX guys can’t stop talking about DLS/ Trinity 

there will apparently be a new wing of the TX hsfb HOF dedicated to that game, TX’s greatest achievement since the Alamo 

I just found the nearest Excuse thread, and inserted the post.

13 minutes ago, Pops said:

Understood 

theres just no reason for that game to even be in discussion right now unless someone is needing a week zero game from 3 years as validation for something 

I think it validates the strength of high school football in Texas, and that Texas would do just as well as any other top state in OOS games, if they chose to go that route. I don't agree with the argument that a Texas team cannot be MNC because they didn't play a national schedule. Not saying you feel any differently, but I do think the game between Trinity and DLS was a telling game regarding all the "national schedule"-as-a-prerequisite-of-MNC-consideration discussion.

44 minutes ago, maxchoboian said:

I think it validates the strength of high school football in Texas, and that Texas would do just as well as any other top state in OOS games, if they chose to go that route. I don't agree with the argument that a Texas team cannot be MNC because they didn't play a national schedule. Not saying you feel any differently, but I do think the game between Trinity and DLS was a telling game regarding all the "national schedule"-as-a-prerequisite-of-MNC-consideration discussion.

No one from DLS or Norcal said that about NS — in fact, just the opposite we congratulated NS

then socal guys go after TX for never leaving the state and, even at home, rarely playing any top teams 

then TX guys go after DLS as a fraud that got whipped by a TX 1st round loser 

Was just unnecessary but if a relevant point should have included more of:

— game ALWAYS being in TX

— game being in TX August humidity 

— TX insisting 48 states play be their and Massachusett’s rules 

— game seeming to appear to most that DLS would win more often than not

— Trinity also beating TX big class state champ that year

— Trinity missing or having impaired their two best players in their playoff loss

— TX top 5 program (per TX and non-TX polls) getting absolutely shellacked the prior year by a largely irrelevant team from a state that DLS had been dominating (Bishop Amat hasn’t even made a section championship game in at least a decade, maybe two) 

— BG crushing the supposed top-ranked TX team the following year (DLS 2-1 v BG)

— a Non-BG NV school handling a top TX team the following year 

DLS wasn’t a topic of that conversation.  If someone believes it to be relevant, then present in context and not disingenuously 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Pops said:

No one from DLS or Norcal said that about NS — in fact, just the opposite we congratulated NS

then socal guys go after TX for never leaving the state and, even at home, rarely playing any top teams 

I think you are being too sensitive about DLS.

DLS has been very good over the years, and that team that went to Texas had some Men playing for the Spartans. 

I didn't view this as an attack on DLS, more so an example of Texas being damn good too, even if they don't travel or play OOS as often as others would like.

DLS was not brought up in an attempt to go after DLS or their fans or NorCal. Again, I think I was the one who brought them up, because I thought Ararar was referring to that Trinity/DLS game in an effort to throw some shade at Texas for always saying their teams that play OOS competition are just "average" Texas teams.

4 minutes ago, Pops said:

Was just unnecessary but if a relevant point should have included more of:

— game ALWAYS being in TX

— game being in TX August humidity 

— game seeming to appear to most that DLS would win more often than not

— Trinity also beating TX big class state champ that year

— Trinity missing or having impaired their two best players in their playoff loss

— TX top 5 program (per TX and non-TX polls) getting absolutely shellacked the prior year by a largely irrelevant team from a state that DLS had been dominating (Bishop Amat hasn’t even made a section championship game in at least a decade, maybe two) 

— BG crushing the supposed top-ranked TX team the following year (DLS 2-1 v BG)

— a Non-BG NV school handling a top TX team the following year 

DLS wasn’t a topic of that conversation.  If someone believes it to be relevant, then present in context and not disingenuously 

Bishop Amat played cen10 within one point the year they played Aledo.

Calpreps had em at #5.

• Like 1

How about that the Geico bowls were just sh*t matchups?

There should be 3 games. A game with the semi-pros, and two games with real high school state champs (public or private).

It should have been:

Warren Central v. Lakeland 

Dutch Fork v. Archbishop Hoban

SFA vs. IMG

• Like 1

1 hour ago, maxchoboian said:

I think you are being too sensitive about DLS.

DLS has been very good over the years, and that team that went to Texas had some Men playing for the Spartans. 

I didn't view this as an attack on DLS, more so an example of Texas being damn good too, even if they don't travel or play OOS as often as others would like.

DLS was not brought up in an attempt to go after DLS or their fans or NorCal. Again, I think I was the one who brought them up, because I thought Ararar was referring to that Trinity/DLS game in an effort to throw some shade at Texas for always saying their teams that play OOS competition are just "average" Texas teams.

I’m maybe being too sensitive and maybe you haven’t noticed all the posts on that game as much as I have 

you weren’t near the first to bring it up — it’s brought up in every discussion between a TX and CA guy and is the first and apparently only required line of defense in the current MNC debate between the MD and NS faithful 

It woulda bother me less if it was presented honestly — a top TX team beat the CA stare champs in week zero in TX — trying to denigrate the team that entered the TX playoffs ranked #2 and already had a win over their eventual big school champ; portraying the game differently than it occurred; drawing giant conclusions while ignoring all (and seemingly more) evidence to the contrary.

I understand your perception, without the. Thousand nicks prior, as just being a relevant validation that TX is able to compete nationally.

no big deal either way — I’m just on a sugar high with the holiday desserts 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Tazz said:

Bishop Amat played cen10 within one point the year they played Aledo.

Calpreps had em at #5.

Yes and yes 

they were also 8-4 in-state and the poster child for CP detractors; I think CAl-hi had them closer to #20 (You have to be a gold member to check) and that was their best team in awhile 

i get your point though