Venezuela WTF?

Troll

Been there...Caracas was a beautiful city...So clean you could probably eat off of the sidewalks (at least when I was there some decades ago), but the mountains towards the port were by far the worst ghettos I have ever seen in my life...literally cardboard cities.  

Just caught up on some news, and see our government is calling for the ouster of the Pres....

might even happen 🤔 and the place seems like it is in worse crisis than even France.....

So how come I didn't hear a spit of this on the news....not important enough?

• Like 2

Poor leadership, failure to diversify its economy away from oil, an unprecedented degree of incompetence, corruption,poor relationships with the elephant in the room without a plan to find viable alternatives. I could go on ... 

As for lack of news about this in the USA, not surprising. We get very little news on foreign events here unless there is a "major "ACT of GOD" a significant terrorist event, or unless there is war that the USA is very involved with, directly or indirectly. So, no surprise there ... 

• Thanks 2
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Troll said:

Been there...Caracas was a beautiful city...So clean you could probably eat off of the sidewalks (at least when I was there some decades ago), but the mountains towards the port were by far the worst ghettos I have ever seen in my life...literally cardboard cities.  

Just caught up on some news, and see our government is calling for the ouster of the Pres....

might even happen 🤔 and the place seems like it is in worse crisis than even France.....

So how come I didn't hear a spit of this on the news....not important enough?

In keeping with the thread title...WTF?

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, DarterBlue said:

Poor leadership, failure to diversify its economy away from oil, an unprecedented degree of incompetence, corruption,poor relationships with the elephant in the room without a plan to find viable alternatives. I could go on ... 

As for lack of news about this in the USA, not surprising. We get very little news on foreign events here unless there is a "major "ACT of GOD" a significant terrorist event, or unless there is war that the USA is very involved with, directly or indirectly. So, no surprise there ... 

figured you might be up to speed LOL....

Maybe when a nations government gets overthrown it will make news...?

or is that why it's finally being talked about now.....🤔

or is that just a tin foil hat...

giphy.gif

8 hours ago, Troll said:

figured you might be up to speed LOL....

Maybe when a nations government gets overthrown it will make news...?

or is that why it's finally being talked about now.....🤔

or is that just a tin foil hat...

giphy.gif

The odds are pretty good that the current regime will fall one way or another. Things are just about untenable there. Columbia has been overrun by Venezuelans and a couple of the local high schools here in the Orlando area have had quite an influx of students from the country. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, DarterBlue said:

The odds are pretty good that the current regime will fall one way or another. Things are just about untenable there. Columbia has been overrun by Venezuelans and a couple of the local high schools here in the Orlando area have had quite an influx of students from the country. 

The Cuban regime has been going for generations now and the people live like shit.  When you control the money, elections, food, the military...

Like Troll, I was in Venezuela 2 or 3 times long before the current leftist disaster (Caracas and Valencia, an industrial city not far from the capital).  It was a typical corrupt South American nation.  Now that it is leftist corruption, the economy is collapsing, the oil industry is a shambles, and people are starving and fleeing... except for the actual leftists in charge, of course.  Paradise for the Bernie's and Ocasio-Corteses of the world.

• Thanks 1
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, DarterBlue said:

many blame the shambles to be caused in part by the drop in oil $...

just saw this as the craziest headline and clicked for shits and giggles.  LOLOLOL

but I thought you might find it interesting from maybe a stock point of view? 🤣

Crazy guy, promoting 'crazy' T, but that not why I posted it....🤣

Maybe because I was thinking of your Suzuki, and how "no matter how crazy" some things might sound, you can't just ignore them... 🤔

Sounds off topic from Venezuela, but what if it speaks to the price of oil moving forward ???...….

one crazy cat there tho...LOLOLOL

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Troll said:

many blame the shambles to be caused in part by the drop in oil $...

just saw this as the craziest headline and clicked for shits and giggles.  LOLOLOL

but I thought you might find it interesting from maybe a stock point of view? 🤣

Crazy guy, promoting 'crazy' T, but that not why I posted it....🤣

Maybe because I was thinking of your Suzuki, and how "no matter how crazy" some things might sound, you can't just ignore them... 🤔

Sounds off topic from Venezuela, but what if it speaks to the price of oil moving forward ???...….

one crazy cat there tho...LOLOLOL

Pretty crazy stuff. But we will see. Perhaps Ohio is on to something trading TLRY.

BTW, anyone know why he has not been posting?

• 2 weeks later...