From Princeton to Oklahoma State

HSFBfan

8 hours ago, Pops said:

If the Dallas Cowboys are ok with a head coach from Princeton the the OK St Cowboys ought to be ok with an OC

Jason is a nepotism hire because of his father Jim. Without His father, Jason would be selling insurance. 

As far as I can tell.... Gleeson was not. Princeton had the 2nd highest scoring offense in the fcs this year so it’s no surprise he was poached. 

12 minutes ago, Mjd33 said:

Jason is a nepotism hire because of his father Jim. Without His father, Jason would be selling insurance. 

As far as I can tell.... Gleeson was not. Princeton had the 2nd highest scoring offense in the fcs this year so it’s no surprise he was poached. 

Apparently hes an offensive guru and in the big 12 with no defense and elite athletes hell be able to do basically whatever he wants 

1 minute ago, HSFBfan said:

Apparently hes an offensive guru and in the big 12 with no defense and elite athletes hell be able to do basically whatever he wants 

I prob saw 3-4 Princeton games this year.... they were dynamic offensively. 

Not to mention Princeton made me a lot of money this year in Vegas .... early in the season they covered first 5-6 weeks? Then Vegas made the spreads absurd and only lost money on them against Dartmouth who had an incredible defense. 

• Like 1

Just now, Mjd33 said:

I prob saw 3-4 Princeton games this year.... they were dynamic offensively. 

Not to mention Princeton made me a lot of money this year in Vegas .... early in the season they covered first 5-6 weeks? Then Vegas made the spreads absurd and only lost money on them against Dartmouth who had an incredible defense. 

Well now hes gonna go up against fbs teams and at least in the big 12 hell be fine. I dont know ok state schedule non conference. 

3 minutes ago, HSFBfan said:

Well now hes gonna go up against fbs teams and at least in the big 12 hell be fine. I dont know ok state schedule non conference. 

It’s a Good move for him..... you want to go to the big 12 as an offensive coach. Defensive not so much ..... 

big 12 showed their conference is for real this bowl season going 5-2. And won a lot of games as underdogs in Vegas.... most notably ok state was 9 point dog to Missouri but won. 

Plus, West Virginia probably beats Syracuse if will Grier plays and ok lost to Bama so no shame there. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Texasvic said:

Them sec defenses looked strong vs them fcs teams, not so good vs outside p5 comp

Best defenses in the country 

Rankings of defense of sec teams

Miss state #1

Georgia #13

Alabama #16

Kentucky #23

LSU #25

Florida #28

TAMU #32

Auburn #38

Tenn #49

Missouri #62

Arkansas #79

S carolina #84

Vandy #99

Ole miss #121

Every defense outside of ole miss ranked in the top 100. Even ole miss though beat Texas tech last year. 

1 hour ago, HSFBfan said:

Best defenses in the country 

Rankings of defense of sec teams

Miss state #1

Georgia #13

Alabama #16

Kentucky #23

LSU #25

Florida #28

TAMU #32

Auburn #38

Tenn #49

Missouri #62

Arkansas #79

S carolina #84

Vandy #99

Ole miss #121

Every defense outside of ole miss ranked in the top 100. Even ole miss though beat Texas tech last year. 

Lol for example. Miss st. Played fcs  teams like sfa, charleston south and g5 teams like la lafayette and la tech lol helping out the stats. (Dont forget arkansas this year. They played like an above average fcs team... losing to g5 teams so yea add that to the gimme games sec teams had)Then it doesnt hurt playing in an sec full of bad offense in which scoring or even holding and opponent to less than 19 pts  can get you a win/loss. Same thing can be said about all sec teams not named bama. Outside of bama the sec is nothing. Georgia is good at times but theyre chokers. Watch out for am tho, i see them upsetting some teams here and there. Point is, you really think miss st is the best defence in the country? Sure bama has a top 3 defense but to say the whole sec is full of good defense because of that list if funny. Maybe its ok defense with low scoring slow paced whatever offense.

1 hour ago, Texasvic said:

Lol for example. Miss st. Played fcs  teams like sfa, charleston south and g5 teams like la lafayette and la tech lol helping out the stats. (Dont forget arkansas this year. They played like an above average fcs team... losing to g5 teams so yea add that to the gimme games sec teams had)Then it doesnt hurt playing in an sec full of bad offense in which scoring or even holding and opponent to less than 19 pts  can get you a win/loss. Same thing can be said about all sec teams not named bama. Outside of bama the sec is nothing. Georgia is good at times but theyre chokers. Watch out for am tho, i see them upsetting some teams here and there. Point is, you really think miss st is the best defence in the country? Sure bama has a top 3 defense but to say the whole sec is full of good defense because of that list if funny. Maybe its ok defense with low scoring slow paced whatever offense.

Not to mention overall the sec offensively is not very good either.  Plus they only play 8 conference games.

8 hours ago, Texasvic said:

Georgia is a very good team but yes they end up choking. 

Tamu will get better under jimbo. Def will be a contender again. 

South carolina put up 500 yards of offense against clemson

Dan mullen will fix florida. They have the defense just need the offense. 

I can make a case for each team not named tennesse kentucky and vandy