nptb17: What can you tell me about this guy?

RedZone

Sounds like Parkview Baptist (Baton Rouge) got a good one.

Parkview Baptist is one of our D2 powers most years and have had some monster teams. Nationally ranked a couple seasons.

Maxpreps had Christian Academy #4 in KY this past year. Probably not real accurate, but they were 15-0 and won KY 2A.

• Thumbs Down 1

I've got a serious question here...

I see @LiberalDonaldTrump thumbing down content that is actually about high school football, and on constant attack mode when it comes to certain members starting or attemptung conversation about actual high school football, but then starting dumb ass threads about airports in rural towns and shit like it's the fucking cat's meow or something. 

How in the hell is this right? 

Get it together dude. @LiberalDonaldTrump

Just pass by the football stuff if you don't like it. Trying to deter others from posting actual real football talk is bullshit, dude.

4 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

I've got a serious question here...

I see @LiberalDonaldTrump thumbing down content that is actually about high school football, and on constant attack mode when it comes to certain members starting or attemptung conversation about actual high school football, but then starting dumb ass threads about airports in rural towns and shit like it's the fucking cat's meow or something. 

How in the hell is this right? 

Get it together dude. @LiberalDonaldTrump

Just pass by the football stuff if you don't like it. Trying to deter others from posting actual real football talk is bullshit, dude.

Ur joking right??

he comes in and shits on every ones threads but if it involves Louisiana then he wants to talk football 

2 hours ago, RedZone said:

Parkview Baptist is one of our D2 powers most years and have had some monster teams. Nationally ranked a couple seasons.

Maxpreps had Christian Academy #4 in KY this past year. Probably not real accurate, but they were 15-0 and won KY 2A.

I have never seen them play or him coach but I know they stayed ranked top 3 in their class in Kentucky.  They are a small school but knocked off some of the big schools in Kentucky.

2 hours ago, RedZone said:

I would say they were probably close to that 4 overall ranking in Kentucky.  Scott County, Male, South Warren, Trinity, Covington Catholic would be the only schools I would feel comfortable making outright favorites over them.

• Like 1

Just now, LiberalDonaldTrump said:

Ur joking right??

he comes in and shits on every ones threads but if it involves Louisiana then he wants to talk football 

All you do is shit. That's it. 

It's shit everywhere. 

Hahaha

Joking and shit is fine man, but you're off on some next level bullshit and it's pretty much all you do. 

0@RedZone

I have a sinking feeling that Jay Ward is gonna go with FSU.

https://247sports.com/college/florida-state/Article/Florida-State-Seminoles-Football-Recruiting-official-visit-way-better-than-Jay-Ward-expected-coming-in-128647666/

Coach Taggart has made some inroads in Moultrie. It's not terribly far away to go to FSU for one thing. Under 2 hours even in the worst traffic. I can drive to FSU in around an hour and 15 minutes from my house and I'm north of town.

Ryan Fitzgerald recently committed. Now Jay had a great visit. 

Our active NFL player went there. 

They're working hard to change the culture and recent reputation there... Just cutting Francois for domestic violence. 

Idk man. Haven't seen the kid to pick his brain recently, but, he has narrowed it down to 4 schools including FSU, LSU and Kentucky

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

0@RedZone

https://247sports.com/college/florida-state/Article/Florida-State-Seminoles-Football-Recruiting-official-visit-way-better-than-Jay-Ward-expected-coming-in-128647666/

Coach Taggart has made some inroads in Moultrie. It's not terribly far away to go to FSU for one thing. Under 2 hours even in the worst traffic. I can drive to FSU in around an hour and 15 minutes from my house and I'm north of town.

They're working hard to change the culture and recent reputation there... Just cutting Francois for domestic violence. 

Idk man. Haven't seen the kid to pick his brain recently, but, he has narrowed it down to 4 schools including FSU, LSU and Kentucky

Yeah, I think so.....hope it works out.

After LSU offered Ward a couple more Big Fish jumped in.

18 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

0@RedZone

I think taggart isn't doing that well with recruiting in FL to this point, so far Miami and UF have both recruited the sunshine state better than FSU has

13 minutes ago, Columbiafan said:

I think taggart isn't doing that well with recruiting in FL to this point, so far Miami and UF have both recruited the sunshine state better than FSU has

No doubt. But, FSU hasn't had a ton of luck with the Florida in state recruits they have picked up over the last few years. 

It seems like a natural thing for them to recruit inside of a 2 hour ring around the school. It's not like there is a shortage of talent in south west Georgia, north east and central Florida and southern Alabama. 

They should be able to gain some traction if they recruit this area well imo.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

No doubt. But, FSU hasn't had a ton of luck with the Florida in state recruits they have picked up over the last few years. 

It seems like a natural thing for them to recruit inside of a 2 hour ring around the school. It's not like there is a shortage of talent in south west Georgia, north east and central Florida and southern Alabama. 

They have had good luck with Columbia players, everyone that has went there were eventually contributing starters, they have had a off and on pipeline to Lake City Columbia since the late 70s when they recruited Kelly Lowery at QB and up recently with Tim Jernigan (key defender on national championship) and Trey Marshall (rotational starter for 4 years and Currently active NFL player)

Hell there has been a Columbia player starting at FSU during all 3 national championship teams and now taggart is going to just be oblivious to a program that has produced some studs for over 4 decades

Idk how anyone (especially a supposed recruiting guru like taggart) look at FSU roster and say absolutely none of the players on our roster could benefit them right now 

16 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

It seems like a natural thing for them to recruit inside of a 2 hour ring around the school. It's not like there is a shortage of talent in south west Georgia, north east and central Florida and southern Alabama

If the coach actually has a idea who the right players in that window are then yes 

Problem is that isn't taggart, just from my occasional glances at the FL players offered I don't get a lot of confidence in what his recruiting strategy is and fsu will suffer long term if he doesn't learn quickly

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Columbiafan said:

I get they can have success with some South GA players but it doesn't take away from fact that taggart clearly doesn't have the inside track on FL recruiting at all

Idk why he would overlook Columbia. I'm no FSU fan myself, but, I can see that he's trying to flip the script from what they were doing. 

Thomasville, Colquitt, Grady/Cairo, Bainbridge, Pelham all have some players that I'd like to have assembled on one team if I could make it so.

3 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Idk why he would overlook Columbia. I'm no FSU fan myself, but, I can see that he's trying to flip the script from what they were doing. 

Thomasville, Colquitt, Grady/Cairo, Bainbridge, Pelham all have some players that I'd like to have assembled on one team if I could make it so.

Those programs definitely have talent but if you watch Columbia you will see some similarities in how the team is build up it always at times feels like a hybrid of some of the top programs in this southeast region

The physical nature, the underrated yet undersized talent, the attitude

It's almost like a hybrid of some South Florida teams while playing in North Florida, I've heard people compare the way we play to teams from South Florida especially when it comes to conditioning which is why so many times even though Columbia isn't going to have 15-20 D1 signings every year you basically never see any flop at college level because they are already conditioning at the level of a lot of colleges out there