White Flight in Football

Mickeybern

I'm sure there should be some hack along here soon to wonder what type of college Qway might end up at or something. 🙄 

It's actually a great story. Read this the other day. Maybe it could even give some guys an insight into why I'll take your asses out back of the barn over these kids. 

I thought about posting this thing and figured it would just bring out some hard ons. 

People love to clown and bullshit when this is the only vehicle that many have to get their education and to hopefully rise from poverty or potential poverty. The hope is some of these kids make it. They get that diploma. They then return to Moultrie as a success. They bring their education and their success story back here with them. This improves this community, my town by elevating everyone and giving kids that have less than others something important... hope. 

Thanks for posting it I guess. 

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

I'm sure there should be some hack along here soon to wonder what type of college Qway might end up at or something. 🙄 

It's actually a great story. Read this the other day. Maybe it could even give some guys an insight into why I'll take your asses out back of the barn over these kids. 

I thought about posting this thing and figured it would just bring out some hard ons. 

People love to clown and bullshit when this is the only vehicle that many have to get their education and to hopefully rise from poverty or potential poverty. The hope is some of these kids make it. They get that diploma. They then return to Moultrie as a success. They bring their education and their success story back here with them. This improves this community, my town by elevating everyone and giving kids that have less than others something important... hope. 

Thanks for posting it I guess. 

hey I get it..just not surprising..you can see the racial and class divide at the games

55 minutes ago, Mickeybern said:

hey I get it..just not surprising..you can see the racial and class divide at the games

This part is a little too political for me, but, I will say, the racial divide isn't as bad as it looks to an outsider just viewing our games or seeing our stands. I won't dare pretend that we don't have a good deal of work to do on that though. Just like most of the country.

I kind of don't like the angle the story is selling, because I don't think it tells the whole story honestly, and sort of goes to an extreme on just part of the story. 

I'll depart from that part of the discussion there, as this forum clearly isn't the place for any deep, thoughtful or serious discussion.

honestly, makes me depressed reading this article.  I can see it my town...big football town traditionally and the youth numbers are down considerably in football but they are not coming to lax or baseball...think lots of kids are not playing anything.  which is just horrendous....think all of us should really appreciate HS / College / NFL for the next 10-15 years ...after that it will be a much watered down product.  not too mention our society being a bunch of wusses....

16 hours ago, Mickeybern said:

Not sure if this was mentioned in a different thread. Great read and a big shout out to the Georgia boys and Colquitt County!

https://www.theatlantic.com/health/archive/2019/02/football-white-flight-racial-divide/581623/

Great read.  Love the passion the kid has too.  I see this happening over here in Cali too.  Thanks for sharing. 

• Like 1