Richmond last night had 12,000 - 15,000

HooverOutlaw

15 minutes ago, HooverOutlaw said:

A decade ago had 112,000.  The ducks races at SGMP out draws NASCAR today. 

DuckX productions and SGMP #thestripwiththegrip, definitely gots the hype. I blame the fur coat.

I went to the Lights Out 10 and it was standing room only on Friday and Saturday.

Tried to get tickets for the Sweet 16 in March and couldn't. Of course that one only sells 500 vip only passes. The stands are empty but they're making that moolah anyway. 

Idk how many people Needmore Speedway had last night, but, the stands looked about as sporadicly filled as Richmond. 

It may not be just a NASCAR thing. 

Saw some good racing over there last night in the heats. A fight after hot laps at the scale house. A fan with a medical issue on the back stretch caused a 40 minute delay.  All the Saturday night dirt track stuff that one could possibly want. 

The stands... Like Richmond. Can't blame ticket prices. 12 bucks. 

1 hour ago, HawgGoneIt said:

DuckX productions and SGMP #thestripwiththegrip, definitely gots the hype. I blame the fur coat.

I went to the Lights Out 10 and it was standing room only on Friday and Saturday.

Tried to get tickets for the Sweet 16 in March and couldn't. Of course that one only sells 500 vip only passes. The stands are empty but they're making that moolah anyway. 

He did pay per view it.  3.50s on radials is mind blowing.  X275 going 4.23 with a pro charger was also a world record. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, HooverOutlaw said:

He did pay per view it.  3.50s on radials is mind blowing.  X275 going 4.23 with a pro charger was also a world record. 

SGMP is a bad ass track. The small tire races are the wave of the future as far as growing excitement and hype imo. 

I remember the first Lights Out race over there. Hardly anyone was there. 10 years later... 10k-20k each day starting Thursday. Over 40k by Saturday night. The finals didn't run til Sunday. 

In little ol' Cecil Ga. 

Big draw from all over the country. I hung out with people from Michigan, Memphis, and Miami in the three days I went.

3 hours ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Idk how many people Needmore Speedway had last night, but, the stands looked about as sporadicly filled as Richmond. 

It may not be just a NASCAR thing. 

Saw some good racing over there last night in the heats. A fight after hot laps at the scale house. A fan with a medical issue on the back stretch caused a 40 minute delay.  All the Saturday night dirt track stuff that one could possibly want. 

The stands... Like Richmond. Can't blame ticket prices. 12 bucks. 

Most of the spectators at Needmore are in the pits, on atvs, or grouped up along the track. I've never say in the grandstands the few times I've gone out there.

14 minutes ago, CCBlackhatter said:

Most of the spectators at Needmore are in the pits, on atvs, or grouped up along the track. I've never say in the grandstands the few times I've gone out there.

Yeah. Still spread around sporadically last night. 

My first trip over since 2017. Last time I was there it was a full house all the way around for the outlaw cars. Had to squeeze into the stands.

I used to go pretty regular, but, the track keeps changing hands and the promotion is different each time. 

I have friends that rent a slot annually that I can use, or, I can sit in the stands. 

36 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Yeah. Still spread around sporadically last night. 

My first trip over since 2017. Last time I was there it was a full house all the way around for the outlaw cars. Had to squeeze into the stands.

I used to go pretty regular, but, the track keeps changing hands and the promotion is different each time. 

I have friends that rent a slot annually that I can use, or, I can sit in the stands. 

I've also noticed that many of the guys who used to race there weekly no longer take their cars there due to the constant management changes. The track seems to be in better condition than years past so maybe that will help bring some of the better drivers back and help increase the number of spectators.

• Like 1