Archbishop Rummel Week 1 Opponent: Charlotte Catholic, NC

RedZone

Big test for Rummel in Charlotte NC. Looking forward to making this trip.

Charlotte Catholic will have played 2 games already including facing Good Councel, MD the week before Rummel. They start early in NC much like MS.

Fri Aug 23 South Mecklenburg (Charlotte, NC)    
Fri Aug 30 @Our Lady of Good Counsel (Olney, MD)    
Fri Sep 06 Archbishop Rummel (Metairie, LA)    
Fri Sep 13 @Charlotte Country Day (Charlotte, NC)    
Fri Sep 27 Monroe (Monroe, NC) Conference  
Fri Oct 04 @Weddington (Weddington, NC) Conference  
Fri Oct 11 @Sun Valley (Monroe, NC) Conference  
Fri Oct 18 Piedmont (Monroe, NC) Conference  
Fri Oct 25 @Parkwood (Monroe, NC) Conference  
Fri Nov 01 Cuthbertson (Waxhaw, NC) Conference  
Fri Nov 08 @Marvin Ridge (Waxhaw, NC) Conference

Since 2014 Charlotte Catholic is 73-5 and is rated #2 in calpreps dynasty rankings in NC

1 Mallard Creek (Charlotte, NC) North Carolina 4A I-Meck 4A 62-8 31-2 59-6 58-6 26-8 56-8 53.9 33.7 548-350
2 Charlotte Catholic (Charlotte, NC) North Carolina 3A Southern Carolina 3A 73-5 35-0 72-5 59-3 15-4 69-5 52.8 30 569-411

Back-to-back 3A State Championships...

http://carolinapreps.com/teams/frontend/teampage/getChampionshipDetails/103

2018 NCHSAA 3A State Champions Football Mike Brodowicz
2017 NCHSAA 3A State Champions Football Mike Brodowicz
2016 NCHSAA 4A Regional Finals Football Mike Brodowicz
2015 NCHSAA 4A State Champions Football Mike Brodowicz
2014 NCHSAA 4A State Runner-Up Football Mike Brodowicz
2013 NCHSAA 4A Regional Finals Football Jim Oddo
2012 NCHSAA 3AA State Runner-Up Football Jim Oddo
2011 NCHSAA 3AA Regional Finals Football Jim Oddo
2010 NCHSAA 3AA Regional Finals Football Jim Oddo
2007 NCHSAA 3AA State Runner-Up Football Jim Oddo
2006 NCHSAA 3AA State Runner-Up Football Jim Oddo
2005 NCHSAA 3AA State Champions Football Jim Oddo
2004 NCHSAA 2AA State Champions Football Jim Oddo
1985 NCHSAA 2A Regional Finals Football Jim Oddo
1984 NCHSAA 2A Div. II West State Champions Football Jim Oddo
1981 NCHSAA 2A Div. II West State Champions Football Jim Oddo
1978 NCHSAA 2A Regional Finals Football Jim Oddo
1977 NCHSAA 2A State Champions Football Jim Oddo
  • Like 2

Rummel could be very very good this year.......we have a new head coach this year (replacing a great one), but he has been with the program 14 or so years. We have last I checked 9 or 10 kids with college offers already and return almost everyone. Rummel also got a boost in having one of the best young QBs in Louisiana transferring in this off-season.

Last year was a bit of a disappointment as injuries and boneheaded mistakes did us in early in the season, but we managed to win 9 games with a young team. That's high school football though.

John Curtis is going to be great this year and that's who we want and have to beat..Hopefully scheduling Charlotte Catholic, NC, Ruston, La, and Oak Grove, MS will toughen us up and get us ready..

Just a little early OOS Louisiana report on a Easter Sunday.

Louisiana Top 10 OOS games to date (my opinion)-John Curtis is still looking for a couple of games to my understanding.

1-West Monroe vs Longview, TX

2-Archbishop Rummel vs Charlotte Catholic, NC

3-Baton Rouge Catholic vs North Litlle Rock, AR

4-Zachary vs Brandon,  MS

5-Zachary vs Deerfield Beach, FL

6-John Curtis vs Westlake, GA

7-Archbishop Rummel vs Oak Grove, MS

8-Evangel Christian vs Pulaski Academy, AR

9-West Monroe vs Ridgeway, TN

10-De La Salle (NOLA) vs West Florida, FL

That's about it so far....

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RedZone said:

Louisiana Top 10 OOS games to date (my opinion)-John Curtis is still looking for a couple of games to my understanding.

Deerfield Beach, FL has a ton of talent in just the senior class. Not sure how many or if any of those are transfers, but South Florida is famous for these teams loading up in the off-season

https://247sports.com/Season/2020-Football/Recruits/?&PlayerSport.PlayerInstitution.Institution.Key=9002

Deerfield Beach was 12-2 last year losing in 8A Semifinals....

Deerfield Beach beat Westlake, GA and Buford, GA last year and also beat a good Chaminade Madonna squad. Their 2 losses were to STA and Miami Columbus.

https://www.maxpreps.com/high-schools/deerfield-beach-bucks-(deerfield-beach,fl)/football-fall-18/schedule.htm

Watching DFB vs Buford... In person ... Buford looked like the better team, they just couldnt put it together on the scoreboard. DFB had 1 more explosive play at the end of the game. 

DFB was definitely athletic. Buford missed a couple of opportunities. It was a really close and good game.

Zachary & DFB seem like very similar teams.

27 minutes ago, ECHS05 said:

Watching DFB vs Buford... In person ... Buford looked like the better team, they just couldnt put it together on the scoreboard. DFB had 1 more explosive play at the end of the game. 

DFB was definitely athletic. Buford missed a couple of opportunities. It was a really close and good game.

Zachary & DFB seem like very similar teams.

Yeah, 19-14....looked like a good game. Buford looked bigger.

5A Zachary is going for the 3-peat here, but I don't see it happening.....they lost quite a bit, but DO have 6 or 7 really good players. Zachary is suppose to have some young stars too, but you never know about those kids.

Everyone knows about Zachary QB Keilon Brown, but 2021 WR Chris Hilton will be a 5* very soon. He's the #15 rated prospect in the 2021 class

https://247sports.com/Player/Chris-Hilton-46055801/

https://247sports.com/Season/2021-Football/RecruitRankings/?InstitutionGroup=HighSchool

2 hours ago, RedZone said:

Longview QB Haynes King is now the #2 rated Dual-threat in the nation.........Longview could possibly repeat with their ATHs and coaching. 

https://247sports.com/Season/2020-Football/RecruitRankings/?InstitutionGroup=HighSchool&Position=DUAL

This game may break the OOS game attendance record. At worst I can see 25,000 in Shreveport for this one.

I think Longview/West Monroe and Duncanville/St John's DC are the 2 big Texas OOS games this year. They only play a handful that I see......Jenks, OK vs Mansfield Legacy and Union, OK vs Mansfield Lake Ridge the other 2.

• Like 2

Rummel finished as the number 10 in the entire state of Louisiana and got curb stomped in their house by the 93rd best Florida team. 

Let that marinate for a second. 

A top 10 Louisiana team got their skirt lifted in their own home by a garbage Florida team who couldn’t even crack their own states top 90 or the top 1,000 nationally. 

Escambia walked into Rummel’s house with their dirty boots still on, went Into the kitchen, made a big ass sandwich, left the butter knife full of mayo on the counter then took the remote out of Rummel’s hand, sat down on Rummel’s recliner, looked up and said FUCK YOU!!!!!!

• Haha 1

On 4/21/2019 at 9:04 AM, RedZone said:

2-Archbishop Rummel vs Charlotte Catholic, NC

3-Baton Rouge Catholic vs North Litlle Rock, AR

4-Zachary vs Brandon,  MS

6-John Curtis vs Westlake, GA

7-Archbishop Rummel vs Oak Grove, MS

8-Evangel Christian vs Pulaski Academy, AR

9-West Monroe vs Ridgeway, TN

10-De La Salle (NOLA) vs West Florida, FL

Mandeville, La will play 4A MS State Runner-up Poplarville.....

Poplarville was 13-2 last year and #15 in Mississippi......same class as Noxubee County. 

• Thumbs Down 1

8 minutes ago, NYHSFAN33 said:

Interested in seeing this game.  As it approaches let us know if there is a stream.

Will do.....

I'm interested in Valor Christian, CO vs Charlotte Christian, NC also......

Charlotte privates stepping up this year......you really don't hear much about the Charlotte schools, but that's a pretty big city. Bound to be some good football...

5 hours ago, RedZone said:

Will do.....

I'm interested in Valor Christian, CO vs Charlotte Christian, NC also......

Charlotte privates stepping up this year......you really don't hear much about the Charlotte schools, but that's a pretty big city. Bound to be some good football...

agreed.