Imagine you are a college coach - Restatement of a Thought Experiment

15yds4gibberish

I may have added some confusion on the other thread by attempting to add a new parameter to the thought experiment, and as a result people are talking past each other, and the name calling is  heating up -- So pretty much like every thread.  But I'm a hopeless guppy, so in a triumph of hope over experience, how bout a new thread with a fresh re-imagination of a thought experiment.

Imagine you are a college football coach.  You love everything about your job except one thing: Recruiting.  You just don't like the whole experience of sucking up to 18 year old's to lure them to your school.  So, imagine a genie, or a fairy godmother, or a Russian Oligarch comes along and says:  Here's the deal.  You get to be a college coach, and you don't have to ever recruit again.  But here's the catch, your entire roster is comprised of the players who graduate from one high school and one high school only.  They all go to play for you, but no players from any other high school will ever join the team.

They then ask you these questions:

• What high school would you choose as your pipeline?
  • In five years what is the highest level of college football in which you could reasonably be a .500 team?
  • In five years, what is the highest level of college football you could win?

Sidebar note: @Cat_Scratch hit on that stretch of STA teams that I also think is worth consideration - Especially if Ruddock and a couple others got to play as redshirt seniors.  Mater Dei was another I was thinking had potential led by Daniels and Young, and @Pops started to put together what the roster might look like - but we won't know how those guys will do in college for awhile yet...

Ok, let the name calling resume...

• Haha 1

I'd let the SFAs of the world recruit for me. Present day scenario.

I expect to load up with slapdicks scheduling, and .500 by default. Gotta be in a shitty conference like let's say Pac 12. 2 years.

Then with the baseline foundation players established by year three, contend for a bowl.

Yep, seems reasonable... if Poggi delivers, I'll suck Poggi's left tit through that tee shirt, while ESPN interviews the jackass.

BGW

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, 15yds4gibberish said:

I may have added some confusion on the other thread by attempting to add a new parameter to the thought experiment, and as a result people are talking past each other, and the name calling is  heating up -- So pretty much like every thread.  But I'm a hopeless guppy, so in a triumph of hope over experience, how bout a new thread with a fresh re-imagination of a thought experiment.

Imagine you are a college football coach.  You love everything about your job except one thing: Recruiting.  You just don't like the whole experience of sucking up to 18 year old's to lure them to your school.  So, imagine a genie, or a fairy godmother, or a Russian Oligarch comes along and says:  Here's the deal.  You get to be a college coach, and you don't have to ever recruit again.  But here's the catch, your entire roster is comprised of the players who graduate from one high school and one high school only.  They all go to play for you, but no players from any other high school will ever join the team.

They then ask you these questions:

• What high school would you choose as your pipeline?
  • In five years what is the highest level of college football in which you could reasonably be a .500 team?
  • In five years, what is the highest level of college football you could win?

Sidebar note: @Cat_Scratch hit on that stretch of STA teams that I also think is worth consideration - Especially if Ruddock and a couple others got to play as redshirt seniors.  Mater Dei was another I was thinking had potential led by Daniels and Young, and @Pops started to put together what the roster might look like - but we won't know how those guys will do in college for awhile yet...

Ok, let the name calling resume...

The answer to what is the highest level they might they expect to play .500 ball is the SEC 

its basically LSU-level players except t the top hsfb teams have better QBs/ offense 

• Haha 1