11:00PM: Category Five Dorian now threatens coastal areas from FL through NC

BigDrop

• 1 month later...
On 9/3/2019 at 5:02 PM, Cat_Scratch said:

Live Ocean View from Cape Canaveral. It runs 365 days a year, so anytime you want to see the surf it's here.

http://www.twopalms.com/

Just an FYI, it's that time of year here....

Surf has been going off here...and is just going to continue...

Here's a Local Grom from Lavalette...LOL...(a little north for the offshore winds)...

https://www.surfline.com/surf-news/wave-day-sam-hammers-heaving-new-york-pitstop/66068

🤙

1 hour ago, Troll said:

Just an FYI, it's that time of year here....

Surf has been going off here...and is just going to continue...

Here's a Local Grom from Lavalette...LOL...(a little north for the offshore winds)...

https://www.surfline.com/surf-news/wave-day-sam-hammers-heaving-new-york-pitstop/66068

🤙

Nice... wave behind it was pretty decent also. I didn't see any like that when I was out before and after Dorian. Did catch some decent waves though.

38 minutes ago, Cat_Scratch said:

Nice... wave behind it was pretty decent also. I didn't see any like that when I was out before and after Dorian. Did catch some decent waves though.

just like it says, Long Island having a week of best in the nation surf right now....

Lots of locals went there, because it didn't clean up here til yesterday...the fun starts at 4:30  🤙🤙

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Troll said:

just like it says, Long Island having a week of best in the nation surf right now....

Lots of locals went there, because it didn't clean up here til yesterday...the fun starts at 4:30  🤙🤙

Your crew did the east coast proud. Fantastic waves + gnarly rides...

Brings back memories of Hatteras. Sebastian Inlet would get like that 3 or 4 times a year until they xtended the boardwalk. Now you have to hit monster hole on the right swell. Dorian brought in some nice waves no matter where you lived on the east coast, but those waves in this vid were special.

hang loose. 

On 10/14/2019 at 12:48 PM, Cat_Scratch said:

Your crew did the east coast proud. Fantastic waves + gnarly rides...

Brings back memories of Hatteras. Sebastian Inlet would get like that 3 or 4 times a year until they xtended the boardwalk. Now you have to hit monster hole on the right swell. Dorian brought in some nice waves no matter where you lived on the east coast, but those waves in this vid were special.

hang loose. 

Well that explains Sebastian, back in the day that seemed like the baddest place in Fla. and nobody brings it up much anymore.  Don't feel so bad, my home break got taken out by Sandy, and not going to get rebuilt. 

We get like that  several times a year all thru fall, winter, spring...sometimes bigger lol, actually they are in the cleanup smaller stuff haha, and they always like the cleaner beachbreak barrels for filming.  Tide turns off low, and if it's breaking on the outside bars it's a whole nother ballgame lol, the paddle out being the limiting factor, and it WILL limit 😄

Some cool drone footage of that same swell on Hatteras...check it.

If you like Hatteras, check the dude that did this on Ytube, some great videos...

11 hours ago, Troll said:

Well that explains Sebastian, back in the day that seemed like the baddest place in Fla. and nobody brings it up much anymore.  Don't feel so bad, my home break got taken out by Sandy, and not going to get rebuilt. 

We get like that  several times a year all thru fall, winter, spring...sometimes bigger lol, actually they are in the cleanup smaller stuff haha, and they always like the cleaner beachbreak barrels for filming.  Tide turns off low, and if it's breaking on the outside bars it's a whole nother ballgame lol, the paddle out being the limiting factor, and it WILL limit 😄

Some cool drone footage of that same swell on Hatteras...check it.

If you like Hatteras, check the dude that did this on Ytube, some great videos...

Back in the day I made the trip to Hatteras in Aug - Sept for many years. Rode Nags Head 3 or 4 times in the 2 weeks we would surf there if the Light House was to crowded. Big fast barrels right where the Drone is shooting this Vid. Only a few houses in that area back then. 

Saw it breaking around 30 feet but the local fuzz wouldn't let anyone go out. Doubt I could have paddled out as fast as it was coming in. No lulls but lots of rip so who knows. Heck, Dorian put a hurtin on my pride and made me wait till I got my strength and wind back for a second go before I got out and it was only 10 or so feet. It was the relentless waves coming in one after another. 

Dang Krazy seeing the ocean water crossing over the road. Pretty sure it's fairly flat on the other side of the road all the way to the river there. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Cat_Scratch said:

Saw it breaking around 30 feet but the local fuzz wouldn't let anyone go out. 

was that Garbage day??? lol. 

Picture a bunch of state troopers dragging all their rigs on the sand, because there is a small pack out in a lineup....

But when that lineup is made up of half the lifeguards (only because the other half could not make it out 😲) unbeknownst to the now sandy socked  cops, and when the LG captain tells the troopers he's not "risking his men to save some idiots who are not in need of assistance, but feel free to send some of his men in, to go get them if he likes"...🤣.

Yup, game on...all day long lol

Better watch it tho, some cynic here is going to call you out for that 30 claim with 'gibberish'.... 🙄

oh and BTW....your Dorian initial paddle denial does not mean that your arms are getting to old and tired, it just means you weren't smart or patient enough to find the lullspot. Basically it only means that "you were too stoked"    🤙  ….well....at least that's my excuse now 🤣

9 hours ago, Troll said:

was that Garbage day??? lol. 

Picture a bunch of state troopers dragging all their rigs on the sand, because there is a small pack out in a lineup....

But when that lineup is made up of half the lifeguards (only because the other half could not make it out 😲) unbeknownst to the now sandy socked  cops, and when the LG captain tells the troopers he's not "risking his men to save some idiots who are not in need of assistance, but feel free to send some of his men in, to go get them if he likes"...🤣.

Yup, game on...all day long lol

Better watch it tho, some cynic here is going to call you out for that 30 claim with 'gibberish'.... 🙄

oh and BTW....your Dorian initial paddle denial does not mean that your arms are getting to old and tired, it just means you weren't smart or patient enough to find the lullspot. Basically it only means that "you were too stoked"    🤙  ….well....at least that's my excuse now 🤣

Okay, 30 might be a tad over exaggerqtion. Prolly really 20+. I didn't go out so I could only hype it up to max wave hight. Just that the PD and rescue were saying it was 30. lol

True on the paddle out. I had a lull or 2 but was just so exhausted by the time I was almost out that I couldn't get past that last set. You know how it is, you are almost out and a big set comes in and drags you back 50 or 60 feet after the 3rd or 4th wave and you have to start over.

Ever been fighting it for 10 mins and look back at the shore only to be shocked that you're way closer to the shore than you thought... 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Cat_Scratch said:

You know how it is, you are almost out and a big set comes in and drags you back 50 or 60 feet after the 3rd or 4th wave and you have to start over.

Ever been fighting it for 10 mins and look back at the shore only to be shocked that you're way closer to the shore than you thought... 

Yes and right about then is when some 13 yo jumps in and punches out...right in the lull you were fighting for...🤣🤣

Many stories of the denied paddle out 🤣, but the ones where there's only 3 in the lineup with you, and 20 on shore.....are the ones worth telling tho 🤙 .   It's also when you pick your waves extra carefully.…lol.

and I wasn't messing with you on the call, it's just when I called the largest I ever got in 50yrs... at 25, (which was a Hawaiian friend's call and 'very' conservative), I think it was gibberish who got a crotch rash...🤣….no worries, Jersey sux for waves, never gets over 3ft, don't bother coming. 👍