Sooooooo should we just ignore and not talk that Our top 25 team Columbia almost lost to OakLeaf ...

imaGoodBoyNow

18 minutes ago, imaGoodBoyNow said:

Ain’t no way Oakleaf is even close to as good as TCA, if they didn’t sit any one this game and played full strength their in trouble 

Well it's odd that they beat TCA pretty handily. 

Maybe Oakleaf is just a matchup problem for Columbia. 

It wasn't a pick em game so I didn't pay much attention. 

Sometimes the close games just happen. Coach's game plan may have been a little off. They may have let off the gas some and played down to the competition. A lot of reasons for a close game I guess. 

Definitely worth discussing though. Interested to know if Columbia had some injuries or something. 

36 minutes ago, imaGoodBoyNow said:

Ain’t no way Oakleaf is even close to as good as TCA, if they didn’t sit any one this game and played full strength their in trouble 

Had 3 recievers out so we went into game with only 5 receivers playing 

Not to mention Oakleaf came to play, very talented group

Their QB was very athletic and kept them in the game, that freshman RB they got will be a stud plus that Miami commit on the DL had one hell a night

Also keep in mind a team who put up 42 points the week before was held to 19 points, not every game gonna be the same matchup

Against TCA we proved we could put up points and win that way, this week we proved defense could step up

I rather know both sides of the team are capable of winning the game than having to rely on one side of ball to win every game like it was in past years

• Like 3
  • Thumbs Down 1

19 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Well it's odd that they beat TCA pretty handily. 

Maybe Oakleaf is just a matchup problem for Columbia. 

It wasn't a pick em game so I didn't pay much attention. 

Sometimes the close games just happen. Coach's game plan may have been a little off. They may have let off the gas some and played down to the competition. A lot of reasons for a close game I guess. 

Definitely worth discussing though. Interested to know if Columbia had some injuries or something. 

Oakleaf was much more balanced than TCA tbh, with TCA we knew they weren't very strong in passing game so we knew all we had to do was stop the running game plus we just clicked on offense that night

Things didn't click as well as we hoped against Oakleaf but it's fine, rather win a close one than lose it

We will be fine 

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 1